The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Is anyone in SJ still dsm'ing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah man. Just a bunch of stupid stuff. But this cold weather is for the birds. Went out last night to figure out which injector it was. Out side ten minutes and couldn't feel my hands. But on the plus side even after sitting for 5 years the motor sounds healthy. My buddy has insulators he is bringing over after working might brave the cold and pull one and check the size.

She is alive and running. Took her fro a ride around the block. Felt good to have her rolling. Anyone working on anything cool?

if it really is gonna be 58 tomorrow/sunday, then i'll work on my gauge wiring and see what i can figure out, other than that, i'm ready to roll.

:( let it idle to burn some of the fuel that was in there and now I'm back to it stopping at 3k rpms. Replaced the insulators this morning cause one was leaking and it ran great now back to a problem... I'm on the hunt for a data logging cable ad getting ready to start checking for a vacuum/ boost leak. She was running happy at noon. Now she isn't very happy. But the weather tomorrow sounds great. Too bad I have to renovate my bathroom all day.

pushed mine out of the garage to check out the wiring to the guages. all seems fine, and both my gauges get power from a single wire from the ecu power.
the oil pressure/temp never resets, ever. the scg-1 seemed fine as i was jiggling wires with the key on/engine off.

so i let it idle to warm up for about 10 minutes, wasn't going into closed loop, so adjusted deadtime a couple clicks and she's good now. took a spin up to pic-a-lili and the scg-1 reset power once around atsion lake, lots of tar babies on 206 there. so i think tomorrow i will replace the glass fuse holder to the scg-1 with a blade style fuse thingy.

i just don't understand that both gauges are wired idenitcally, and the oil one never bats an eye.

Was trying yesterday....

Hope the blade fuse worksnout tony, definitely some weird poo poo going on.

Or you guys could come to a baptism with me for my two little cousins? Didn't think so

I dont blame you, I rather sip on some coffee and watch Tony jiggle wires around :)

Shes all fixed!! Thats awesome. Just in time for some cold crappy weather this week!! Haha

The wife is in vegas next weekend, so even tho it may be cold, anyone up for a cruise? Maybe meet at a diner and grab some lunch?

I was looking at the talon this weekend, and unplugged the maf. And the car ran alot better with it unplugged. Minus the cel. I have an evo 8 maf (399) that someone gave me a few years ago. Anyway to try and get something to work with out dsmlink? I'm so close to getting the car on the road. With this being the only set back. (That and a second gear grind)

it could run ok with something like an afc, but without some sort of ecu mod, you will always have fuel cut lurking. also if you find you have no use for the 1g maf, id like to keep it back in my stock parts stockpile.

No problem man. I just don't get why it would run good for a whole and now it's back to the way it was.

werd thanks. still looking for that tmo cable for ya, hopefully find it this weekend.

I was just gonna say i think there is one for sale: ecu, dsmlink v3, and cable for $475

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back