The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Into the 10s we go

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Well went to the track tonight to see if I could make it happen on pump gas. First pass 5k launch, no 2-step, 26/27psi

r/t .034
60' 1.893 spun bad
330 4.868
1/8 7.228
mph 103.97
1000 9.253
1/4 10.955
mph 133.35

Im sure on my hoosiers I could maybe get mid low 10s out of it on pump gas.

I got told right after that pass to slow it down, because I didnt have anything I needed to go that fast. It was my first and only pass of the night, Time to get safe LOL.

Who says felpros can hold boost :hellyeah:

That good pretty good bro..which felpro are you running?

A 40 dollar felpro composite gasket.

Setup

G4cs 2.4
fp2s
jmf intake manifold/stock throttle body, 2.5 ic piping with a ebay front mount 24x12x3
Gt4294 journal bearing
On-green performance cast equal length divided hks copy manifold
fic 1550ccs
2 walbro 255hps with custom intake setup made by me.

Gonna go back on hoosier, and go for mid low 10s on pump gas since I only got one pass. Then Ill turn the wick up on race gas

Felpro perma torque FTW!

It's 32 bucks where I'm at. Are you using L19s to hold the head down? I would assume so.

My friend just dynoed 434whp on a mustang dyno. 30psi and hes on a Felpro perma torque too.

I just wanted to say FELPRO head gaskets are actually the SHIT. Ive seen them hold 30+ psi easily when in conjunction with the right head studs.

Acually they are reused regular arp bolts. Dosent push an once of coolant. When I did the new setup I wasnt planning on going to this point, but its been holding up very well. Im gonna see how far I can take it. :hellyeah:

Im sure the cars making close to 600hp how it sits. More to come.

Wow, thats a pretty big turbo to only run 10.9s. Better get those slicks on!! :)
You have any videos of it?

Wow, thats a pretty big turbo to only run 10.9s. Better get those slicks on!! :)
You have any videos of it?

The key thing is here its on pump gas 27psi. It will go mid 10s on pump im sure on slicks, or a better launch with less hop/spinning. I didnt want to break anything.

I mean I could easily put it on race gas and 35+psi, but I wanna go as fast as possible on pump gas first.

My girlfriends brother has a video from his phone, its not the best but its something LOL.

congrats on that run..it looked good from what i could see. I thought you were running the felpro MLS cause thats the one i just bought, but thats even better to do it on that one

congrats on that run..it looked good from what i could see. I thought you were running the felpro MLS cause thats the one i just bought, but thats even better to do it on that one

Thanks man,

Yeah no metal head gasket, no o-ring for now anyway. Im going back to the track in 2 weeks though, hopefully Ill get a pass into the low 10s on pump, then get booted LOL.:hellyeah:

Felpro perma torque FTW!

It's 32 bucks where I'm at. Are you using L19s to hold the head down? I would assume so.

My friend just dynoed 434whp on a mustang dyno. 30psi and hes on a Felpro perma torque too.

Where the hell are you getting a permatorque for 32 bucks?! I've been shelling out over 100 for them (and they are the best).

Good runs on pump!
What's your timing curve and a/fs looking like?

Good runs on pump!
What's your timing curve and a/fs looking like?

I have the timing drop off into the 11 12 range to help spool then it progresses into a boost comp flat table of 14/15 degrees around 25/26 psi

A/fs are still safe, and still could use some work as it runs around 11.3 11.4 and gets alittle fat up top 6600 on of around 10.8 11.0. Im having some issues with the wideband loosing its connection when Im making a pass which sucks, but I got some logs from 3rd 4th pulls after which helped me get an idea.

How much power do you think its making, and yeah on slicks mid 10's easy at that power level. I went 11.1 @ just 126mph.

What octane fuel was used? Pump gas can vary, and any meth injection?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back