The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

FP68hta more boring 10s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrykoren

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
toledo, Ohio
But I am glad the car is holding together and running strong still. And it is still super fast and fun on the street with the instant spool. I want to keep this car as is but I need to start building my other one. I want to go 9s by the end of the year.

I went to norwalk because Milan will not let me back without a cage. But norwalk does not care, they dont even have tech really.

So it was a little hotter, like mid 70s, unlike the 40s I was running in. SO the IATs at the end of the track were like 120F and the car was running a little slower.

I ran 10.881, 10.882, and then 10.75 (it cooled off like 15F by the night).

COmpression is still perfect and no signs of any problems.

I am going to run in the Import nationals hosted by buschur next week, I might do bracket racing because I wont win any others. And next week I am going to dial in my boost off the line so I can stage and stay still and leave on green actually. I was going to do it this week but I didnt have time.

SO here are some vids for entertainment but no new personal bests this week . Lastly, there is a cool pic of launch that the guy took and I am waiting on his upload. It looks insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meXlcY3041g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecOoDZArV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4pau5BGtOA

The 10.75 slip went like this..

1.515 60ft
4.367 330ft
6.799 1/8
8.931 1000ft
10.754 1/4

Holy bottom out batman! Nice runs, Im sure youd drop a few tenths with some suspension.

Upgrade the rear shocks to AGX adjustable and put limit straps on the front to keep it from lifting. I would put money on it that you run sub 10.5 once the car stops trying to wheelstand. I'd think cranking down the compression dampning on the rear shocks could keep it off the bumpstops and provide some tunability.

This is also pretty hilarious to me because when you really think about it, this level of performance from a small turbo/automatic car could have been attained upwards of 10 years ago when "common knowledge" in the dsm world was to run a giant T3T4 turbo, built motor, built manual trans, heavy single disk clutch, in a pretty heavy streetcar on radial tires. But had any of us in 2002 thought outside the box enough to build a car like this, we would have been a laughing stock. Back then we ignored automatic efficiency, small turbo powerband, bias ply slick traction, and "free" light weight. A decade ago it was all about stuffing as much power into a glorified street car as possible and a 10sec pass was rare and magical. This car knocks of mid/high 10's with ease on basic bolt on parts.

Mucho kudos for all the info on this car, it's IMHO pretty groundbreaking to see an everyday joe extract this kind of performance from bolt on parts w/ a stock drivetrain & engine.

Upgrade the rear shocks to AGX adjustable and put limit straps on the front to keep it from lifting. I would put money on it that you run sub 10.5 once the car stops trying to wheelstand. I'd think cranking down the compression dampning on the rear shocks could keep it off the bumpstops and provide some tunability.

This is also pretty hilarious to me because when you really think about it, this level of performance from a small turbo/automatic car could have been attained upwards of 10 years ago when "common knowledge" in the dsm world was to run a giant T3T4 turbo, built motor, built manual trans, heavy single disk clutch, in a pretty heavy streetcar on radial tires. But had any of us in 2002 thought outside the box enough to build a car like this, we would have been a laughing stock. Back then we ignored automatic efficiency, small turbo powerband, bias ply slick traction, and "free" light weight. A decade ago it was all about stuffing as much power into a glorified street car as possible and a 10sec pass was rare and magical. This car knocks of mid/high 10's with ease on basic bolt on parts.

Mucho kudos for all the info on this car, it's IMHO pretty groundbreaking to see an everyday joe extract this kind of performance from bolt on parts w/ a stock drivetrain & engine.
i was.....dave himself told me i was ####ing dum ass to race a auto/dsm..but it did run 10's

Then again there are many such as myself who although I can respect anything fast, give much more props to those who can do it without using things such as nitrous or tin can cars. Its STILL all about stuffing as much power as people can into stock bodied cars, we just have a more dedicated niche for stripping our buckets to nothing and reaming them down the track as cheap as possible in typical DSMer fashion LOL.

I can't wait until everyone is racing gutted FWD auto DSMs... LOL who would have thunk it! :ohdamn::hellyeah:ROFL

I agree with nate. Awesome to see an every day car go 10's. Way to keep backing up those times

Very nice!:hellyeah: I will look forward to seeing you make some passes this weekend in Norwalk at the Sport Compact Nationals.:)

Thanks all. Ya I am still impressed that it is running good still and still clicking off 10 sec passes with ease.

I will be there for sure. My student loan money will not be here in time for me to do anything else to the car as far as rear shocks or anything for that matter. The plan is to hook up the boost solenoid and keep doing the same thing.

Here is one launch pic from the weekend. It was a 10.88 run with 1.5 60 ft. The rear slicks are a 6.75 lbs and look fully inflated when at a stand still. The fronts are at 11.5psi and look almost flat. Its funny that once weight transfers the rear slicks look so wrinkled and flat and the front then look inflated.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We made limit straps with garage door cable and U bolt clamps from Ace hardware. Less than 20 dollars worth of equipment would help you out worlds. Just some simple rubber spring spacers would help out as well. You sure wouldn't get a cool picture like that though!

:hellyeah:

Thanks all. Ya I am still impressed that it is running good still and still clicking off 10 sec passes with ease.

I will be there for sure. My student loan money will not be here in time for me to do anything else to the car as far as rear shocks or anything for that matter. The plan is to hook up the boost solenoid and keep doing the same thing.

Here is one launch pic from the weekend. It was a 10.88 run with 1.5 60 ft. The rear slicks are a 6.75 lbs and look fully inflated when at a stand still. The fronts are at 11.5psi and look almost flat. Its funny that once weight transfers the rear slicks look so wrinkled and flat and the front then look inflated.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That I awesome. Great time for a tiny ass turbo. My 92 Talon used to do that. People thought I had rwd.

Nice very similar to our auto setup we ran previously we went 11.0 @120-125ish multiple passes on street tires... Woulda been really close to you on slicks. We just recently went with the fp black shooting for low 10s high 9s.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back