The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intercooler piping question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Alright, so I'm looking at getting (well, hopefully am getting) an ETS kit from another DSMer.

My problem is this...I currently have a compressor cover with an elbow pointing towards the passenger side for the SMIC setup that is on there now. Now, the kit comes with a J-pipe setup and I was wondering, looking at the attachment and hopefully having some experience wit the piping lengths on the ETS kits, could I get away with a 90* coupler where the j-pipe is connected, or could I get away (save the flames...looking for a temp solution till I can swap covers) with a 180* of the LICP?

This is mostly a fitment question as "eyeballing it", both options seem like they would work.

Attachments

• intercooler parts 004.jpg
    intercooler parts 004.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 237
Hey this is my kit I have for sale. It only works with a stock 14b/16g style turbo or a downward facing turbo like a Precision turbo. Anything other then that is custom fab work that will need to be done. Maybe you could cut the elbow off and just hook the coupler to whats left. I had it mounted to a PTE turbo, Just take out the "J" pipe and hook the coupler straight to the turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back