The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Installation question 4 AGP/50/60 Trim owners.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colossus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
Crestview, Florida
Ok, I recently built the motor. Now, I'm going to ahead and install the new manifold/turbo/etc. to break it all in at once.

Now, my question is on the oil feed. I'm going to use the oil feed off the head, as shown in a picture off of AGP's site. The question for you guys is, how did you attach the line to the head? Originally there was a banjo bolt there. I got a stainless steel line which with AN like fittings attaches to the turbo, but there are no pieces to attach it to the head. What did you guys do to get it attached for a good oil feed?

oil feed usually attaches to the oil filter housing unless they use somethin different. But personally, id break in the motor on your old turbo. Because your going to be running non synthetic oil to break in the motor, then id switch to synthetic, then id put the turbo on. Im just anal like that tho.

Yeah, but if I did that, I'd have to change manifolds, change the injectors, remove the s-afc, re-base/dyno tune the EMS..blah blah.

I'm not going to switch to synthetic. 30w-10 seems good enough for me.

why take out injectors and s-afc etc? and why do you have an s-afc and EMS?

the s-afc is in use with my current motor, which is on 550cc's and a B16G. The new motor will be on 950cc's and a 60-1 trim. The old motor uses only an s-afc, the new motor will use only an EMS. So if I prolong swapping the turbo, I'll prolong the EMS and other tuning swap outs.

Unless you have a BB 60-1 then you should take from the oil cooler. I when I ordered my 60-1 kit from AGP I was told to take from the oil housing because it has higher oil pressure to hold up at higher rpm's. And that BB turbo's feed from the head due to they can not take the higher oil pressure ( they just last longer).
matt

Yes, take it from the oil filter housing. Get either an M10 1.25 pitch allen head plug for the head or an M10 1.25 bolt that is no more than 10 thread lengths long and use one of the copper gaskets from the old banjo bolt to act as a gasket for the new bolt when you plug the hole up.

No...you are not going to attach the oil feed line to the head. You are going to get it from the filter housing, as everyone has told you. If you purchased the lines agp sells (at a very high price) you will have everything you need.

-T

If you eliminated the balance shafts then feed it from the head. If you still have the balance shafts then feed it from the oil filter housing.

mlopez said:
If you eliminated the balance shafts then feed it from the head. If you still have the balance shafts then feed it from the oil filter housing.

NO! :mad:

There is a reason taking the feed from the head voids most aftermarket turbo warranties.

98TsiAWD said:
My AGP turbo kit feeds off the head...

That is where the line is designed to go to :confused:

My oil feed line kit that came with my AGP turbo kit specifically fits up to the oil filter housing with the supplied 90degree fitting. What did yours come with? And how long ago was it?

We recommend the oil source from the filter housing.

OIL FILTER HOUSING! That allen plug can be quite tough to break loose So get some leverge on the allen wrench and PULL! Rap the allen wrench with a hammer a couple times to help break the threads loose. I covered the braided section where it rides on the frame rail as with time it will wear trough the braided steel. Slit a rubber hose and put it on the braided line so It rides between the frame rail and the braidedhose. ark

sweet97 said:
OIL FILTER HOUSING! That allen plug can be quite tough to break loose So get some leverge on the allen wrench and PULL! Rap the allen wrench with a hammer a couple times to help break the threads loose. I covered the braided section where it rides on the frame rail as with time it will wear trough the braided steel. Slit a rubber hose and put it on the braided line so It rides between the frame rail and the braidedhose. ark

Good info!

I bought an 8mm hex allen socket to put on my ratchet-worked great. Cranked it off with a 2 ft. galvenized steel pipe I bought at Home Depot. :thumb:

mlopez said:
I feed mine off the head as recommended by Kevin@AGP. :p

Almost all of the turbo vendors changed their tune a year or so ago on where to get the oil source from on the non ball bearing turbos. Do it from the housing as they now say.

Mike 99GSX said:
Almost all of the turbo vendors changed their tune a year or so ago on where to get the oil source from on the non ball bearing turbos. Do it from the housing as they now say.
This was 3-4 months ago that I talked to Kevin. It works fine for me and a few others in town. I used to have mine off of the filter housing but I was getting too much oil pressure to the turbo. To each his own.

I have 2 (YES 2) AGP T3/T4 Kits and both are feed from the oil filter housing. One is a 50trim kit (7bolt 2.0l) and the other is a 56trim (magnus 2.4l). Both are standard 360degree bearings. Only thing i would be worried about with putting that new turbo on a brand new motor is oil contamination. When i put the new 56trim kit and magnus 2.4l in, I put a filter in the feed line (had to be custom made because of stainless line and i suck with those types of fittings).

MLOPEZ - Im guessing you have a Ball Bearing turbo and this is why AGP recommended you go from the head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back