The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

General Innovate LC-2 Serial Connection Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greekgodchaos

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
So I have an Innovate LC-2 Wideband kit from ECMLink, it is plugged into the OUT plug (as is said in the manual), and connected to a serial-to-USB cable. Now I have tried 3 different cables, 2 different computers, and both have resulted in squat. I try to start LogWorks and it just says "No serial port, IMS USB Device, or IMS Network detected". I try to open LM Programmer, "No serial port available". All the drivers said they installed successfully too. And I have tried reinstalling them...same issue. I guess ill need to find an old laptop with a built in serial port, jesus...

It is best to have a usb- serial adapter that has a FTDI chipset and not a prolific chip. Double check your adapter and confirm which one you have. People have lots of issues with the cheap adapters that use the prolific chip.

Okay, so I got 2 off amazon, and to my delight, the cheaper one worked!

"Tera Grand Premium USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 3 Ft Adapter Cable - Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98, Linux and Mac - Built with FTDI Chipset and Hex Jack Nuts"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0762BSKGC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am returning the Sewell since the Tera Grand worked for me so well =) I set up my settings in LMProgrammer, set AFR to AFR not Lambada, range 10.2-20 (thats what my gauge displays) and boom. Hope this helps someone else out in the future!

Alex

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back