1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Incorrect spark plug wiring but runs

Posted by DSMHammer, Jul 13, 2018

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. DSMHammer

DSMHammer Probationary Member

Joined Jul 17, 2017
    Otsego, Michigan
    Thanks in advance.
    I was going to change the spark plugs in my car and noticed that they are not wired according to factory specification. Ive never had an issue with the car running untell I tried switching to a COP setup.
    Ive changed the wiring back to factory specs and it acts the same as with the COP hooked up. So this leads me to believe something must be off either with timing of the bottom end in relation to the head or something maybe?
    I have included photo of how car runs with the weird wiring. I've been fixing lots of thing from previous owners but cant put a finger on this one.

Attached Files:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    Dsmkauai likes this.
  3. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Do you have a 6 bolt engine with the wiring set up for 2ga?

918  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

649  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

1K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM