The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spark plug Arc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicked98gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2012
Middlesex, North_Carolina
Someone just verify that I need new plug wires or iv this is a coil pack issue. Now for a small back story... I just recently replaced the head gasket in my car. I do not have a garage or any place to store most of the parts O removed so these along with the coils and other variable electronic parts sat outside, in sealed bags with no moisture in them. But as you can see I'm getting an Arc on cylinder 4 and 2. 1 and 3 are fine. Also this only happens when I pulled the wire from the actual plug in the head to see if I have a fouled out plug causing the miss. It's just fine with no arc when it's plugged in properly.

http://s479.beta.photobucket.com/user/darkcelica/media/20130114_064050.mp4.html

I have searched the 5 threads that come up and all are arcing while everything is plugged in properly. Also when I start the motor up... Itd idles great for about 10 seconds then starts to bog down... It doesn"t shut off but it acts like it wants to.

its just the boots of the plug wires mine did the exact same thing not too long ago! my boots that go over the coil pack had a very very small hole so small i could not see it till the arcing started happening. ive seen this happen on that wire many times so its not that un-common. just buy some new wires and you will be fine

have you put dielectric grease on the ends of them aswell when you seated them on the pack? and also do the water test to see if the wires are ok every where else

No grease... never thought of using it. And ill look up the water test. Never heard of it before. Thanks for the fast responce man. Hopefully it will stop the crappy idle when this is replaced

all you need to do on the water test is spray with a bottle not alot just a light mist with lights off and see how bad the wires are! its really easy to do, the grease must be dielectric and it only goes on the plug boots that go over the coil pack and the tips of the spark plugs! since i changed my wires its no longer arcing so this should do the same for you aswell

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back