The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

In-Car Laptop Power Cord

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughes

15+ Year Contributor
200
1
Dec 16, 2004
Lancaster, Ohio
What would be the easiest way to power my laptop in my car? Can I use the 3 prong adaptor and just run one of those outlets from my battery?
 
I got a power inverter. Kragen had a sale on one for $24. Max 400 watt if i can recall. Has 2 inputs (both 3 prong). And you can connect it either from the cig lighter, or direct to the battery. Pretty nice unit, use it all the time when I use my DSMLink. I recommend it. The brand is Coleman. Has a fan also.
 
What brand laptop is it? Dell makes power adapters for cars, I got one for my wife, it works good. You can also get 60w or 80w inverters that plug in the cigarette socket and has a 3 prong outlet on it.
 
Why would you screw with an inverter when you can usually find a car AC adapter for your laptop in the first place, cheaper?
 
I got an inverter at wal-mart for about $15. It was cheaper than buying the in-car cord for my phone, and I use it for a laptop as well.
 
JoeWagon said:
Why would you screw with an inverter when you can usually find a car AC adapter for your laptop in the first place, cheaper?

why not? you can use it for more than just the laptop.. it has 2 outlets supporting 400-1000watts depending on which model.. as for cheaper.. the post above will prove that its about the same price depending on wher eyou look, and even if the inverter is more.. you get more benefits and features.. thats why people would screw wit the inverter :nono:
 
I use an inverter. If I didnt have it just lying around I would have picked up the ac adapter.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top