The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

idle not holding.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuspeed

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2002
manahawkin, New_Jersey
hey, im having a prob with the idle on my 90' talon tsi. the car is fine at first, then after about 5-10 min, any time i rev it, the rpms drop real quick as soon as i let off the gas. sometimes the idle catches and sometimes the car just stalls out. even when it catches, the idle bonces between 700rpms and stalling before it decides whether to stal out or not. someone told me it was the throtle position senser, but after replacing that the car still does this. ive also tried cleaning out my throttle body. thnaks for any help.

Are you venting your CBV (most incorrectly call it a BOV) into the atmosphere ???

This would give the effect you discribe, as well as possible stalling when you shift.(If you have a MT)

hhm... awhile ago my friend who also has a first gen borowed my cbv to see if his went bad. i cant remeber if thats when the prob started.... ill definatly check the conections 2nite though, thanx for the sugestion.

hey man, i have heard of this before. one of my buddies had a 1g and he just got a lightend flywheel and underdrive pulley,when the car was cold it would idol good but when it warmed up it would fall the slightist bit, and he had to ajust the idol a little higher than normal cause the flywheel would loose momentom and the under drive pully would kill voltege. do you have a lightined fly wheel and under drive pulleys? well im just takin a wild geuss LOL :confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back