The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Idiots

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
Ok I was not real sure where to put this but I am going to just post it here and if it is not the right spot then somebody can move it. I have been very busy here lately with college and job, 17 credits this semester with 35 hour work weeks. Well since I have been so busy I have not had time to change my own oil so I took it and got it done yesterday. Well I took it to Precision Auto Tune and give them my keys for the guy to pull it around and start on it. When the guy pulls it around he keeps it in first and keeps the rmp's high and when he get's around back he stomps it and squeals my tires, NOT chirp them like he is not used to the clutch. The bad thing is that I stood there and watched him do it through the work bay. I went over and told the manager that I did not appreciate him squealing my tires when he pulled it around and he said," Sorry I didn't even hear him do it" and continues with another customer. When he gets done he goes out and says a quick word to the guy and comes back in and says, and I am quoting him word for word,"I am sorry about that sir. He said that he is used to his civic and is not used to that much power." and proceeds to sit down. I look at him and said bull shit. I said a civic and a non turbo eclipse are close to the same power. It is not like its a damn Ferrari or somthing. He said, " Sorry sir but that is what he said." :notgood: What do you guys and girls think about that. I was thinking about calling the main office since the manager didn't do anything to him or for me to compensate for the dumbass that drove my car.

mechanics shouldnt squeal tires....he wanted to give your car some balls and he did it when you were around. You were correct on going to the manager and thay guy should have been warned not to do it again. Thats what we call a "greasemonkey" because a "mechanic" or a "tech" would show respect to all vehicles.

At least beat on it when the owner isnt around, like I did (03 SVT Cobra test drive for a "squeak") ROFL

Sorry but unless you or a trusted performance shop works on your car, you can expect that to happen behind the scenes - you just witnessed it this time. It takes 20 minutes to do an oil change.. less time than it took to drive to that shop and back I bet..

I would be pissed if someone did that with my car. Thats one reason i dont like taking my car someplace to have someone else do it. I would call the main office or do something. The least they could do is refund you your money so it would have been free.

You can't expect something for free just cause the guy squealed your wheels. Yeah it sucks, and I'm sure you feel violated, but get over it! There is nothing you can do about that guy being a butthole! Another word of advice I'd like to pass on is: wait until they are done servicing your car before you complain, you'll just have to trust me on that. Most of the people shops hire to do oil changes are NOT mechanics, they are low paid "techs" and that and maybe tires is all they do!

When I don't have the time to do my own oil change I have a place local to me where I drive my car in, sit in it while they change the oil, pay, and drive out. http://www.thelubecenter.com/ They are only in my local area but I'm sure that someone has this idea around some of you too! I'm sure if someone wanted to start a business venture, these guys would like to hear about it. :shhh:

Good Luck!

Dont feel bad....

When i took my 6bolt to a performance shop to rebuild the engine and tune it, they pumped massive boost in the car and CRACKED THE FUGGIN BLOCK... He gave the car back and told me my knock sensor was faulty.. WELL THE KNOCK SENSOR WAS GOING OFF THE WALL CUZ MY BLOCK WAS CRACKED. FAULTY MY ASS...

I WAS left with bill, because i couldnt prove anything.

DO NOT TRUST SHOPS UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM....

Its not cool that he chirped the tires but its sometimes hard to drive someone elses car for the first time. I dont think he meant to do it purposely. Put yourself in his shoes, he has to drive so many cars a day and every car he gets into has the seats awkwardly positioned and he has to do everything fast.
If you have a performance clutch in your car, it would only make the matter even worse for him. I used to work Valet and know how it is to drive a lot of different cars in 1 day.

gridlyne said:
Its not cool that he chirped the tires but its sometimes hard to drive someone elses car for the first time. I dont think he meant to do it purposely. Put yourself in his shoes, he has to drive so many cars a day and every car he gets into has the seats awkwardly positioned and he has to do everything fast.
If you have a performance clutch in your car, it would only make the matter even worse for him. I used to work Valet and know how it is to drive a lot of different cars in 1 day.

From the way Slo2Gen made it sound it was not just a chirp.

When the guy pulls it around he keeps it in first and keeps the rmp's high and when he gets around back he stomps it and squeals my tires, NOT chirp them like he is not used to the clutch.

He did not chirp them. I would not have been mad if he had chirped them, that is understandable. He squealed my tired like he was pealing out of somewhere. I got his name and the managers name so I think that I am at least going to let somebody know that the manager did nothing to him at all.

You have to understand that any porformance shop you take it to (UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM PERSONALLY) is going to take the vehicles out for a bit of a joy ride.

This guys was just stupid enough to do it in front of you. :nono:

That's why when I take my car somewhere, I'll be th eone driving it in the bay and I'll be the one driving it out. The only place I've let this slide was at Slowboy.

Damn, i would have yelled at the manager and told him to personally get my car back right then and there, whether or not he is currently dealing with another customer.

hahah, sometimes I'm lazy as hell when it comes to oil changes, i just hit up Oil Can Henry and bring my own oil for them to use.

I think anyone that expects their mechanics to treat their car like $#@$ are :notgood:

You think thats bad. Well after my mom was in an accident with her spyder the body repair company that the insurance recommended took it for a joy ride. Proof? Well if the wedding invitation, plus a dead rose, plus about 200 miles added to the speedometer arent enough I dont know what is. What was done? Nothing. Im just about ready to do a late night run to the shop with peices of spark plug :D Immature? Yea, but Im only 18 and they deserve it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back