The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink I Need Help With Idle/Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spadepro22

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Seneca, South_Carolina
My car is idling a little crazy so I adjusted the biss screw and set idle in dsmlink to 900rpms. Seems it idles betweens 700 and 1,200rmps. It stays around 1,000 for the most part. When I come to a complete stop the car boggs down due to idling very low around 500 and the wideband reads lean. Can I add gas to comphensate here or will adding gas do the same thing? I have posted some logs here for you guys to look at. I don't have my wideband logged because its setup as a narrowband(plx m300 to my front 02 and factory 02 disconnected) and link afr is waaaay off from what my wideband reads. It reads from 17.00 to where it actually reads LEAN.

Attachments

• log.2012.08.21-10.elg
    82.6 KB · Views: 59
  • log.2012.08.21-11.elg
    127.4 KB · Views: 56
Do a boost leak test. Check to make sure your tb components arent leaking and seals.are.good.

I not 100% sure, but I don't think its a boost leak because I have all hard piping and 4ply couplers with t-bolt clamps. Ill do one anyway when I get the coupler for the tester. It could be the TB since I never had it cleaned or anything since I had the car.

my car with hks 264 272 cams would go lean at idle especially when the coolant fans kicked in . what i did was to bring the idle to 1000 rpm and now it doesn't do it.

Im no tuning expert, but your TPS voltage is too low, and your airflowperRev is also.. Your combinedFT is really high for idle. Don't know if any of that would fix your problem.

Im no tuning expert, but your TPS voltage is too low, and your airflowperRev is also.. Your combinedFT is really high for idle. Don't know if any of that would fix your problem.

Probably would, but I know nothing really about how to tune:coy:. One reason why I logged a bunch of stuff is to get you guys opinion.

2 days ago I knew nothing. You should watch the dsmlink demos.

Why are you using the clamp feature? And if you don't know how to tune, how did you adjust your fuel, maf, timing.

At idle:
Tps voltage should be .63 loosen the screws and turn it until it is.
AirflowperRev should be .25-.30
CombinedFt should be low -2 to 3

Your timing also looks very screwed up to me

2 days ago I knew nothing. You should watch the dsmlink demos.

Why are you using the clamp feature? And if you don't know how to tune, how did you adjust your fuel, maf, timing.

At idle:
Tps voltage should be .63 loosen the screws and turn it until it is.
AirflowperRev should be .25-.30
CombinedFt should be low -2 to 3

Your timing also looks very screwed up to me

A shop usually tunes it.

Waste of money. You really should start over and learn to do it yourself.

Reset all your sliders back to zero, change your injectors to 750cc (they are at 700). Make sure base timing is 5deg btdc and watch the videos. Very easy

First and foremost, you need to read this: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecm...efore-you-ask-ecmlink-dsmlink-log-advice.html

Go over that checklist and follow it to a 'T'

(they are at 700)

I'm seeing 763 on my end, I would lower global fuel to -39.8 and leave deadtime at 330. Then zero out your fuel, timing, and mafcomp tables. Disable mafclamp (you are running a 2g maf), and tune for idle before anything else. After you go through the checklist, post an idle log and we'll go from there. Good luck...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back