The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Help with SD idle tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shdwmsk

Probationary Member
Nov 1, 2019
Ramsey, Minnesota
Please help, I think I may have adjusted myself into a hole.

Spent the last few days building aluminum intake pipes and then made the changeover to Speed Density. Car ran fine with new intake pipes and with running on MAF, idled fine but no long drive, decided to change to SD before that.

MOD list is up to date in profile
Using ECMlinks SD bundle with the pigtail, Omni 4bar and GM IAT sensor.

Log 10/24-03

If you look at this log, I have had to reduce the SD cells to 17 just in order to get a decent idle. Fuel trims on this log are fairly steady around -2 /+2 and AirFlow/rev is around 0.25. However Omni 4 bar reads as 4psi? Boost gauge shows normal vacuum @22ish in/hg. In earlier logs it matched with the gauge but lowers when adjusting the SD cells. But it idles fine.

After this I tracked ISCposition and it showed zero. I redid a boost leak test and had some bubble from the BISS screw. So I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the shaft seals BISS screw seal, main flange gaskets and ISC motor O-ring. Did not have gasket for either of the bolt on plates. Cant find any significant air leaks at or past the throttle body.

Log 10/24-08
This log is just after rebuilding the throttle body and after warming car to temp while trying to adjust the BISS screw to get the ISCpostion around 30. even with BISS screw all the way in the ISCposition is still 0. When I first started after reinstalling the throttle body it did start high then stepped down to 0, so it does move.

So, in the end. Have I basically adjusted in an intake leak even though I cannot find it? What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure having cells around 15-18 for idle is wrong and ISCposition not being around 30 is an issue. Fuel settings shouldn't be too far out of adjustment, I have been using these injectors for over a year now. I have read that DW 800 injectors have a deadtime around 1.3ms that's 1300us if inputting it into ECMlink, that sound right?

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• log.2021.10.24-03.elg
    21.4 KB · Views: 29
  • log.2021.10.24-08.elg
    28 KB · Views: 21
Don't bother doing anything else until you get the map sensor sorted out. It's probably bad right out of the box. Omni's are absolute garbage. You can test the wiring for 5v and ground but it's likely a bad sensor.

So my take away from your reply is that the SD cells have zero input in the value shown for the Omni 4 bar. It seemed like every time I adjusted the SD table that the Omni reading would drop a relatively similar % as the table change, so I assumed it adjusted its reading for some reason.

Thank you. I have an AEM 5bar on order, should be here Wed.

So my take away from your reply is that the SD cells have zero input in the value shown for the Omni 4 bar. It seemed like every time I adjusted the SD table that the Omni reading would drop a relatively similar % as the table change, so I assumed it adjusted its reading for some reason.

Thank you. I have an AEM 5bar on order, should be here Wed.
It should not have any effect but it's theoretically possible to alter the map reading by say decreasing the ve/fuel a ton and causing the engine to stumble and alter the map reading. There is no direct relationship between map and altering the VE though.

Says your reading 3-4psi boost at idle... I have myself in person seen bad map sensor out of the box. Can be very random i am on same omni 4 years going strong. I had a car this year brand new sensor that read -29 all the time. Grabbed used sensor worked perfect. I suspect you have a map sensor issues as i really doubt your at boost at idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back