The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

i need a new turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was planning on keeping it stock till after winter my last one has a big fp16g and it was too much for winter so I want to keep it cheap and relaible for now

well i want this to be my driver though winter then summer i plan on modding it and i have no shaft play i guess seals r bad or what ever else would go wrong

So many possible issues if there's no play. If you're feeding from the filter housing, there's a good chance you're over-oiling it by sending double the amount of oil pressure the MHI turbos like to see. You can try adding a restrictor to the feed line, but normally once it's been smoking a while the damage is done and the turbo will need serviced to replace the leaking seals.

Also, verify that the oil drain is not pinched or kinked in any way if it's not an OEM metal drain.

Have you thought about stepping down to a 14b? They can be had for little to nothing and like all mhi turbos very durable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back