The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

I like stance, do you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some people like doing modifications to their car that everyone else gets to enjoy... i.e. body kits, hella wheels, hella stance, hella low and others like doing modifications to their car that THEY get to enjoy... i.e. big turbos, nasty clutches, lots of boost, e85...

Neither is right or wrong but people have preferences, I fall into the daily driven 450awhp on E85 category as most of the DSM enthusiast do. But if I could afford (afford being the keyword here) some Enkei RPF1's that were 10" wide, roll my fenders, and replace my bumper every 10,000 miles because of curb rash I'd do it. I like nice wheels but when I turn my car on I want it to return the favor when I mash the gas and rip my cheap ass rubber off when I do it, everyone's got priorities though!

:dsm:

I'd rather have performance for when these people blow out a tire in front of me so I can quickly maneuver the situation.

IMHO, 99.9% of the cars posted look terrible with those wheels. I've never understood the reasoning behind it but apparently people like it. I'm open minded but when something looks funny I will laugh at it. I won't point things out about anyones car that may be on here but my opinion is an opinion and it'll stay that way.

I think I lost some brain cells reading the post comparing a xerox fax to plexiglass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have performance for when these people blow out a tire in front of me so I can quickly maneuver the situation.

IMHO, 99.9% of the cars posted look terrible with those wheels. I've never understood the reasoning behind it but apparently people like it. I'm open minded but when something looks funny I will laugh at it. I won't point things out about anyones car that may be on here but my opinion is an opinion and it'll stay that way.

I think I lost some brain cells reading the post comparing a xerox fax to plexiglass.

On a side note, I have NEVER seen anyone crash or blow out a tire and I have been to every single major HellaFlush event. Ignorance is bliss but do yourself a favor stop with the cute stories that you've heard someone else say and you repeated.

You seem to have lost brain cells because the intellect required to understand the analogy was beyond your own comprehension thus causing you to momentarily black out due to fatigue of the brain)

Let me dumb this down a bit more and use smaller words;

Xerox and Lexan are both BRANDS yet they "define" their genre.

People say "Xerox that paper to so and so office" but they could be using a Cannon copier machine. Just like Someone might come in and say "I need some Lexan for my soundproofing room" Yet it could be Rhino or any other brand they receive.

Same goes with Hellaflush. People say "Hey that hella flush car's wheels are butterflied and it has a fart can out the back with a big wing and a roof rack" Well, no its not HellaFlush, i could simply be "JunkDM" or any other off shoot name.

I don't know how much easier I can explain that, especially to a "wisemen".:rolleyes:

I for once would like someone with a NICE DSM come in here and give their opinion as to why they don't like or understand the style. Maybe they could be taken more serious if they weren't driving buckets.:banghead:

I'm just tryin' to help. :thumb: I'll make sure to get a nice set of Volks with a wide offset for my Raven build. I wonder what the peons will have to say about that. ROFL

Just so some of you know. I was criticized by dsm'ers for tryin a hellaflush look with my 1g. I was also mocked at for "stretching" my tires. WTF??

My old 1g:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

On a side note, I have NEVER seen anyone crash or blow out a tire and I have been to every single major HellaFlush event. Ignorance is bliss but do yourself a favor stop with the cute stories that you've heard someone else say and you repeated.
What stories have I repeated?
Xerox and Lexan are both BRANDS yet they "define" their genre.
I have never heard anyone use the term xerox in that form in place of "fax" and hell, I always thought lexan was just plexiglass LOL

People say "Xerox that paper to so and so office" but they could be using a Cannon copier machine. Just like Someone might come in and say "I need some Lexan for my soundproofing room" Yet it could be Rhino or any other brand they receive.

Same goes with Hellaflush. People say "Hey that hella flush car's wheels are butterflied and it has a fart can out the back with a big wing and a roof rack" Well, no its not HellaFlush, i could simply be "JunkDM" or any other off shoot name.
What are butterflied wheels? What's JunkDM?
What I'm getting at is the fact that because someone choose to do something to their vehicle does not make it standardized nor official. Using non official words don't exactly cut it for me especially coming from the "urban dictionary" :thumb: . If it becomes trademarked they hey, it's for real. Until then, it's just people putting on rims that are too wide with tires too small or any other "off shoot" of it. It's all the same for most of us.

I don't know what's worse, this or the city people putting on 24" rims that jack the car 3" off the ground :ohdamn:

I for once would like someone with a NICE DSM come in here and give their opinion as to why they don't like or understand the style.
What defines a "nice dsm". Apparently you have a split opinion as well so take a step back and see where everyone else is coming from too.

You may like it and that's fine, I voiced my opinion that I do not think it's tasteful one bit. If you want to take it that hard then so be it, it won't make a difference for me. Everyone has an "taste", and it's all in the eye of the beholder...

Also, there is no need for insults either especially as I never even insulted you or anyone else.

Well I do have to say with my ride now I get nervous in some areas. I just hit a huge pothole last week that made me pull over , get out and check my rim and tires LOL then I hit a metal box on the highway and ripped half of my carbon fiber lip off:cry: but I just love the look and with the suspension done right you shouldnt have anything to worry about. Stance is a lifestyle so ill keep everyone on the forms posted on my progress:cool:

Just so some of you know. I was criticized by dsm'ers for tryin a hellaflush look with my 1g. I was also mocked at for "stretching" my tires. WTF??

My old 1g:

wow that looks great, did the +45 fitment really fit without spacers? at 16 lbs these wheels are hard to beat...not that expensive either

I had a 5mm spacer in the rear, as well as grinding the pinchwleds on the rear lower trailing arms.

My old 1g:

Your Offset Wheel/car is sexy, i don't see any problem. :thumb:

His car was very clean I remember when he sold it... although I don't see what it has in common with "Whateveryouwannacallit" ...

In my book theirs a big difference between a clean lowered car with proper suspension an Alignment an nice fitting wheels/tires and a Slammed/Cambered out 10"wheel with with some 2twosmalls's on it...

I won't comment on what I think it is or What it's called besides this, as I said before I really could careless I'd rather see this thread get locked so I wouldn't have to see another post when I click My Recent Post...since everybody would rather argue about it then just post pics... .

But Either way most of the Cars that are "HellaWTFever" come off as cheaply done to me even if You Spend $$$ on the Wheels... . Seems to me people just couldn't afford a tire(even if they can) that fit a 10" wheel didn't even bother to get an alignment because that's the Trend?:rolleyes: how is that a Style? :aha:I'm not hating people, It's your purgative to do what you want with your car... but I just don't get it:idontknow:

Why not do it right? Sometimes with Form, Function will follow

First one is only one that looks remotly like a car I wouldn't feel overwhelming urge to falcon punch the drive right in the side of the head as soon as he walked up to me started talking shit about how fast car is and how he is gonna put nightruss in it when gets some spare cash.

Jus sayin.

The others take flush thing way to damn far and just look stupid. Your car's wheels should fit the wheel well and/or flares. Red neck rigged and/or tacked on flares look dumb. If you have to make your car look stupid to fit the wheels, the wheels probably aren't ment for your car. If you have to fit smaller wheels to be able to drop your car that far.... they shouldnt be on your car.

If you have to put rediculous amounts of camber on your car to have it that low with those wheels, your really need to fix what ever is causing those excessive amounts of camber. If you just want stupid high amounts of camber so people notice it, you really deserve a falcon punch.

Fatlace be around Since 1999. brother!! get with it or get lost LOL
o that's rigth most of you Americans was in to fast and furious at the time
1999? LOL 20-30 YEARS Euros have done this. What you're doing is akin to people claiming drifting started here. It's simply incorrect.

TRSCCA @ the speedway FTW. I made a few events there in the 2010 season, is he still there running the RX8, never seen him

At NSS?

Me and him are there all the time, almost every event.

I'm there in the E30, THE EXTREMELY LOUD one LOL.

What car and class did you run?

What stories have I repeated?

I have never heard anyone use the term xerox in that form in place of "fax" and hell, I always thought lexan was just plexiglass LOL

What are butterflied wheels? What's JunkDM?
What I'm getting at is the fact that because someone choose to do something to their vehicle does not make it standardized nor official. Using non official words don't exactly cut it for me especially coming from the "urban dictionary" :thumb: . If it becomes trademarked they hey, it's for real. Until then, it's just people putting on rims that are too wide with tires too small or any other "off shoot" of it. It's all the same for most of us.

I don't know what's worse, this or the city people putting on 24" rims that jack the car 3" off the ground :ohdamn:

What defines a "nice dsm". Apparently you have a split opinion as well so take a step back and see where everyone else is coming from too.

You may like it and that's fine, I voiced my opinion that I do not think it's tasteful one bit. If you want to take it that hard then so be it, it won't make a difference for me. Everyone has an "taste", and it's all in the eye of the beholder...

Also, there is no need for insults either especially as I never even insulted you or anyone else.

I don't believe insults were used but that is neither here nor there. Maybe not where you are but in the City the term of using a "xerox" was quite common, admittedly not as much as before. As per Lexan, no its on just plexiglass "Lexan is a brand name used for Polycarbonate. Again that proves my point there that you thought Lexan was a product when its merely a company that makes it and on top of that you associated it with the wrong product at that, yet another great comparison to how wrongfully the term "HellaFlush"

It matters not to me if people like it or not. The type of people who don't are very similar and my point in talking about a "nice DSM" is one that would be attractive to the masses. As mentioned, I've yet to see a DSMer with an attractive DSM come in and say he doesn't like the look. Most DSMers only care about performance and it shows when you see there cars. Then again it fits in with the stereotype our car community has amassed so I suppose I shouldn't be one bit surprised LOL.

Your argument on it being "trademarked" doesn't make sense since the name IS trademarked and used quite regularly in the automotive industry to describe a specific type of "Stanced" cars. Within this realm of "Stanced" cars there are multiple versions.. There are V-Dubbers, HellaFlush, VIP, Stretched. and so on and so forth. Just because you live in DSMs land which is smallsville when it comes to the entire spectrum of automotive enthusiast doesn't mean that your ignorance justifies your views. Just because YOU haven't heard of something doesn't mean it isn't so. Same goes with the stories about blowing out the tires. I find that comedy all on its own. Another case of you fabricating some type of story of your own and regurgitate it to the masses. It simply has never been an issue.

Thats all I was getting at. When you specifically use the phrase "HellaFlush" and then say something about them not correct, I'll be sure to pop in and correct it, every time. If you say you don't like such and such cars with overly stretched tires and wings or fart cans then that's great, neither do I. You might be ignorant to the fact there is a difference, but I'm not. A majority of the HellaFlush guys I roll with have faster cars than nearly all of the people rambling about function>form. In general, the car not only looks better than your typical DSM but its every bit as performance oriented as well. Its nothin to raise the car up an inch or two and goto the track.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Would you like a cookie that you are acting like this "style" is your sole creation? You are still oblivious that opinions differ from person to person.

A nice DSM to me doesn't have to had a body kit or immaculate exterior or interior. Again, each persons views will differ. You are saying you don't like streched tires yet yiubare trying to defend people that do it.

Any "story" I've "fabricated" are coming from the locals out here. Just because yiu have t seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened elsewhere. Do you understand reasons why tires are built and fitted on Properly sizd wheels? What kind if safety factors are they trying to utilize with have a properly fitter tire than one that is being stretched out too far?

Oh that Lexan bit, I guess you didn't take notice that plexiglass is a brand name too which shows that they are equals and of the same. Tissue=Kleenex, Vaseline=petroleum jelly, HellaWTF=streched tires on too large of rims :p

You can go and say/defend all you want but it's not gointo change peoples views on what they think. We are on an online forum expressing ourselves and opinions. There is no reason for you to take this to heart and become sore about it. Relax :)

Besides, this forum is more performance based rather than looks. Not because we are biased but we usually just don't care. There are other DSM forums that cater to this that will be more arms open towards the subject. I'm not saying for you to not do it but you will get more "negativity" here if I were to assume it.

+1 on the falcon punch ROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Would you like a cookie that you are acting like this "style" is your sole creation? You are still oblivious that opinions differ from person to person.

A nice DSM to me doesn't have to had a body kit or immaculate exterior or interior. Again, each persons views will differ. You are saying you don't like streched tires yet yiubare trying to defend people that do it.

Any "story" I've "fabricated" are coming from the locals out here. Just because yiu have t seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened elsewhere. Do you understand reasons why tires are built and fitted on Properly sizd wheels? What kind if safety factors are they trying to utilize with have a properly fitter tire than one that is being stretched out too far?

Oh that Lexan bit, I guess you didn't take notice that plexiglass is a brand name too which shows that they are equals and of the same. Tissue=Kleenex, Vaseline=petroleum jelly, HellaWTF=streched tires on too large of rims :p

You can go and say/defend all you want but it's not gointo change peoples views on what they think. We are on an online forum expressing ourselves and opinions. There is no reason for you to take this to heart and become sore about it. Relax :)

Besides, this forum is more performance based rather than looks. Not because we are biased but we usually just don't care. There are other DSM forums that cater to this that will be more arms open towards the subject. I'm not saying for you to not do it but you will get more "negativity" here if I were to assume it.

+1 on the falcon punch ROFL

Definitely never stated it was my Sole creation but opinion of a Northern California trend from someone in Penn makes little sense to me. There comes a point where what one person is saying is actuality and the other is opinion.

I have no qualms with people not liking the trend, just a majority of people who don't like it aren't referring to Hellaflush. I don't know how much more clear I can make that. The amount of stretch on the tires varies and in some cases is barely noticeable, again, we aren't V-Dubbers we dont put 205s on 10" wide wheels.

And no a DSM does not need a body kit to look nice, 90+% of HellaFlush cars do not have body kits either... But a "nice" DSM does have to be in pristine condition. Nice paint and even if it is bone stock it need to look like it is off the show room floor. I don't see how any of that is an opinion when you look at the base of the argument. A DSM with scratches, nasty looking wheels, dirty, busted ragged interior etc etc is NOT a nice car. I don't care how much money is in the engine bay. And that is coming from a guy who has more in the engine bay than most DSMers have in their entire cars. You can have a POS looking car with a badass setup under the hood but the car is still a bucket.

I'm not arguing against anyones opinion. You don't have to like it thats ok with me LOL, you can drive around in a POS looking car all you want, that is ones prerogative. Others of us enjoy going fast AND looking good. Remember, not once did I say someones car HAD to be HellaFlush to look nice. There are HellaFlush approved cars I personally don't like either. Could be the wheel setup, the overall stance or even the overall look...

See what happens to the front bumper after driving on a HellaFlush DSM? Great fitment though.

That car could stand to go even lower....

heres mine, tried to drop it as low as i could, this is the lowest i got without eating into the CV boots.

Definitely never stated it was my Sole creation but opinion of a Northern California trend from someone in Penn makes little sense to me. There comes a point where what one person is saying is actuality and the other is opinion.
And what is the "actuality" of it all?

I have no qualms with people not liking the trend, just a majority of people who don't like it aren't referring to Hellaflush. I don't know how much more clear I can make that. The amount of stretch on the tires varies and in some cases is barely noticeable, again, we aren't V-Dubbers we dont put 205s on 10" wide wheels.
I'm not singling out just this "trend", I'm personally grouping them ALL together which I'll assume a majority of others do as well.

But a "nice" DSM does have to be in pristine condition. Nice paint and even if it is bone stock it need to look like it is off the show room floor.
And again, that's opinion. Not all car's have to appear to look nice nor are all ragged looking vehicles are "buckets" (whatever that means but assuming 'POS'?). You have standards that you already voiced about. Not everyone has those same standards, thus becoming an opinion of whom is stating it..

I'm not arguing against anyones opinion. You don't have to like it thats ok with me LOL, you can drive around in a POS looking car all you want, that is ones prerogative.
Then why are you constantly trying to defend it and also saying that you'll come in here and correct anyone that is saying wrong about it?

All-in-all, I'm done with my ranting as I don't want to get a thread closed for bickering going on that is off topic. I may not like this but I'll look at the pictures to see what people have to whether I personally like it or not.

If you feel like continuing on with replying back about all of then then take it to PM if you would want a response if I actually feel like going on with it.

[/QUOTE]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back