The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

How's my setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lofty

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Alright, this is gonna be my setup pretty soon.
Stock pistons and Cams.
Run 5-7 Psi of boost.
T25 Turbo
New Mani
New Downpipe.
New MAF
FMIC
BOV (Recirc'd of course :) )
450cc Injectors.
Turbo ECU.
Is there anything I'm missing?
Any tips/advice for my turbo swap?
Thanks guys.

I don't know much about N/T 1g's, but you run the 420a right?

:sigh: Well, ditch the fmic. Smic, and the pipes will save you a lot. You'll be fine running low boost, a front mount won't do much, with that turbo and that pressure level. I don't recall if the turbo 1gs fuel pump and regulators are different, but that would be something to look at. Your going to need the oil lines, so I would find the stockers from a turbo car, and get the oil pan while your at it so you don't dick with trying to hack a return in. You'll need a turbo throttle body and elbow. And at the vary least a boost gauge..:sigh:

:sigh: Well, ditch the fmic. Smic, and the pipes will save you a lot. You'll be fine running low boost, a front mount won't do much, with that turbo and that pressure level. I don't recall if the turbo 1gs fuel pump and regulators are different, but that would be something to look at. Your going to need the oil lines, so I would find the stockers from a turbo car, and get the oil pan while your at it so you don't dick with trying to hack a return in. You'll need a turbo throttle body and elbow. And at the vary least a boost gauge..:sigh:

Alright, thank you sir!
What's all the sighing about?

Alright, this is gonna be my setup pretty soon.
Stock pistons and Cams.
Run 5-7 Psi of boost.
T25 Turbo
New Mani
New Downpipe.
New MAF
FMIC
BOV (Recirc'd of course :) )
450cc Injectors.
Turbo ECU.
Is there anything I'm missing?
Any tips/advice for my turbo swap?
Thanks guys.

The t25 is weak sauce, junk it and start with a 14b at least. If you must run the t25 I'd shoot for around 9 psi. Everyone thinks that the 1g N/A's are not boost friendly because they have a high compression ratio, I've converted a couple (with evo III 16g's running in the 12 to 14 psi range) and they are still running. The key is the tune. Your list looks ok so far. I'd opt for a set up good plugs and wires as well as change your fuel filter and fill her up with some premium fuel. Don't forget to wire in the 7th wire for the airmeter as well as the knock sensor. 1g turbo ecu's are very aggressive with timing so just be careful. Your best to take a word of advice and get a logger setup and keep an eye on it. Like I said, I've converted a couple and the key is the tune...

I think all the sigh's are about all the "im gonna be doin this soon" threads that usually never transpire to reality:rolleyes:

I think all the sigh's are about all the "im gonna be doin this soon" threads that usually never transpire to reality:rolleyes:

I agree and disagree. I agree because with most tuners, I'm tired of hearing what people "are going to do" but never get around to these incredible projects. On the other hand, he's just looking for advice on how to properly boost, better safe than sorry.

Hey LOFTY... Find a 4g63 from a junk yard like we told you the other day...You can run more that 5-7 psi. Ditch the t25 and get the 14b. Use a smic, cut the 2.25 pipes and weld on 2.5. Or get the supra side mount, it already uses 2.5 inch. Using the cut off and weld theory, you will save money instead of buying the supra smic... Ill get more on here later..Plus these guys will be around to answer your questions.

it's more of like a bumper cover and i don't know it came with the car when my dad bought the car back in 1990. Someone back then car put the bumper covers and sideskirts then i guess couldn't pay and returned it to the dealer. I wish i could find a new one but was actually the bumper itself rather than the cover.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back