The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to wire fans to go on at lower temp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
i was wondering if there is a way to wire my fans to go on at a lower temp. Right now i have 2 fans both wired to same relay they both turn on when i have fans full on with dsmlink but they won't kick on until i very high temperature. I am running kind of hot my car was at 216 deg. and the fans still were not on. So i want them to turn on at like 190-195 deg. is there a way to do this? if not i will just wire a switch to them.. B/c 216 is too high at least i think so because it is only like 60 deg outside right now and i have a new 180 deg thermostat, fluidyne radiator, all new coolant lines so idk.. but let me know if there is a way to do this thanks

116? To high ## good till like 205 you want it down to 60 degress you serious

116? To high ## good till like 205 you want it down to 60 degress you serious

sry i meant 216 i dont know how i miss typed that twice LOL

i wired my second fan to a reley switch. which turns on with a switch i put under my steering wheel.

ya i have 1 stock fan and one slim line 1200 CFM fan both wired to the stock plug (which goes to the relay obviously) so they both go on at the same time ... i was wondering though if i could have them go on at an earlier temp rather than wiring a switch but if wiring a switch is the only way than that is no problem..

well the temp sensor used to send the signal to the pcm to switch on the fans works off of what called a negative temperature coefficient. that being said simply means that as temperature goes up resistance goes down and the the electrical signal can flow to the PCM. so you would need to lessen the resistance of the sensor. I've never actually thought about having to do it but I might look into it.

you can't just change the resistance to the temp. sensor because it also controls the tune of the engine. i don't know if anything exists inside the ecu that you can edit to change it, but i imagine pretty much everything in the binary has been mapped.

Get the relay harness from spal..it also comes with a temp sensor you can add to your current setup to come on and off at different temps. Very easy to install. I just added a spal 13 1710 cfm fan to my car and there harness works great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back