The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

1G How much liquid gasket do I need?

Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skreperiukas

Probationary Member
Nov 9, 2022
Vilnius, Europe
93 Eclipse GS

I have a little tiny bitsy leak from the oil pan. I want to replace it with liquid gasket and I was wondering how much ml or oz do I need to buy so that I don't run out whilst changing but also I dont buy too much just for one time (at least for now because I am really tight on money)
The autoshop near me sells either 70ml or 200ml and the price difference is pretty significant.

Also I am in the process of rebuilding my whole clutch system and I need liquid gasket for that too. Basically the same question about it too

If only for sealing the oil pan, usually a common 3 oz (85g) size tube would be more than enough for one time use. At least it can be used for twice or three times for oil pan. So I guess the 70g one should be fine for you.

93 Eclipse GS

I have a little tiny bitsy leak from the oil pan. I want to replace it with liquid gasket and I was wondering how much ml or oz do I need to buy so that I don't run out whilst changing but also I dont buy too much just for one time (at least for now because I am really tight on money)
The autoshop near me sells either 70ml or 200ml and the price difference is pretty significant.

Also I am in the process of rebuilding my whole clutch system and I need liquid gasket for that too. Basically the same question about it too
What do you think you'll need the liquid gasket for on the clutch system? I can't think of anything that would need RTV in the clutch system

I use Permatex ultra grey RTV for the oil pan. Avoid a paper or cork gasket because it will warp the pan.
I can't think of anything that would need RTV in the clutch system
If you're opening the transmission or replacing the rear main seal without a new gasket behind the seal housing.

The tubes are so cheap it's not a big deal to have extra.
70ml is 7euro, 200ml is 24euro.
As I said. I am tight on money so that difference is quite big for my budged.

I am going to study in Japan in 8months so there is no point in having extra if I wont need it

What do you think you'll need the liquid gasket for on the clutch system? I can't think of anything that would need RTV in the clutch system
Mitsubishi ASA and ChrisFix showed me that I need it :D

If only for sealing the oil pan, usually a common 3 oz (85g) size tube would be more than enough for one time use. At least it can be used for twice or three times for oil pan. So I guess the 70g one should be fine for you.
Ok, thank you very much!

Though any idea on how much for the tranny seal?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back