The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

how much hp you guys got?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
hey, just wondering who has the most horse power out of all you non turbo engines, and what it is. I have been arguing with some suburu guys, and want to get it resolved, so some info would be great, thanx.

180 Right wheel chirping horsepower. :sneaky:
actually i don't know. i don't think many of us dyno our N/T's but if i had to guesstimate i would say about 125-135 WHP with my mods but give or take a little.

FreStylMotoX01 said:
180 Right wheel chirping horsepower. :sneaky:
actually i don't know. i don't think many of us dyno our N/T's but if i had to guesstimate i would say about 125-135 WHP with my mods but give or take a little.

Planning an az2gnt dyno day sometime in early May. I'm sure word will get back over as to how much whp you can all hope to one day achieve all motor. :sneaky: :talon:

dr1665 said:
Planning an az2gnt dyno day sometime in early May. I'm sure word will get back over as to how much whp you can all hope to one day achieve all motor. :sneaky: :talon:
Does that mean you are still together and running with the new engine? Wow! :p If it's any consolation, I took 30 off on my head (my AWD) and had problems getting timing marks to line up. Had to do it a few times until I thought about it. Ended up doing cam gears first (locking them in with quick clamp) and then put crank gear on (backwards from the way I usually do it). And I've done VW rabbit/golfs for years. I should be on dyno within a month. I have my 60 TB on and I made up my 57 TB. I just have to make/locate a 55 for comparison so I can go to the dyno.

Ask this question in another month.
MB

Well with my mods, that I have currently, I dyno'd my car at 147hp, and 121.5hp to the wheels, torque is now 140lbs to the crank.
My compression was 190 200 195 200

Those numbers are all with bolt ons, but figure for the guys with a test pipe, bigger throttle body, and ported intake mainfold, that they will have about 10hp to the ground than what I've got (thats a guestimate so don't quote me on it) are engines don't show to much life to it until you un choke it.

rival said:
come on now, some of you have to have some nombers you can throw out for me! WTF

the highest dyno numbers to date for a 2gnt is 159.6 whp from some guy on 2gnt.com. he had a completely built motor, with all the goodies. that right there is motivation enough to not stay NA imo

GSGoinFast said:
the highest dyno numbers to date for a 2gnt is 159.6 whp from some guy on 2gnt.com. he had a completely built motor, with all the goodies. that right there is motivation enough to not stay NA imo
Yup, I was die hard N/T guy too chris, but damn low numbers suck. I'm juicing this may, and after my move to florida I'll be boosting too :cool:

where in FL if you plan on miami lmk there are dsm meets and i wanna run a n/t on juice :)

:nono:

bullettdsm said:
Does that mean you are still together and running with the new engine? Wow!
The engine is just fine. I've blown the tranny up twice since she's gone back together. Right now, she's got a serious tranny leak somewhere I need to resolve, but it's nothing we can't handle. We generally have the engine out and on the ground in just over two hours, so an engine pull is nothing more than a pita these days.

I'm aiming for something like 170-180 at the wheels once the MSnS is installed and tuned up. Almost there. Gonna take some time off to go to MOD next weekend, so not much is getting done in the next two.

Late.

Danny_305 said:
where in FL if you plan on miami lmk there are dsm meets and i wanna run a n/t on juice :)

:nono:
Boca/miami/ft.laduerdale. We are actually looking at something out in the country. I will be working in miami though. Can't wait to meet some of you fellers :thumb:

dr1665 said:
The engine is just fine. I've blown the tranny up twice since she's gone back together. Right now, she's got a serious tranny leak somewhere I need to resolve, but it's nothing we can't handle. We generally have the engine out and on the ground in just over two hours, so an engine pull is nothing more than a pita these days.

I'm aiming for something like 170-180 at the wheels once the MSnS is installed and tuned up. Almost there. Gonna take some time off to go to MOD next weekend, so not much is getting done in the next two.

Late.

Hey brian i thought you were going turbo? or are you just gonna see what you can put down NA before you turbo? wont that be a pain to tune it for NA, then re-tune it for turbo?

GSGoinFast said:
Hey brian i thought you were going turbo?
I am. Big turbo.

GSGoinFast said:
or are you just gonna see what you can put down NA before you turbo?
Exactly. That, and if I hold off on the forced induction until this winter, I can actually run all motor against the fastest all motor 2GNTs in the country at the Shootout Friday night. If I were to turbocharge her before the SO, then I could only guess how well she would have fared against the likes of Daniel, Todd, and Michael. I liken it to having your car built up to the same level as Bill Hahn and getting a chance to run him. Wouldn't that be something? You bet it would. I'm looking forward to some close racing between me and my mentors. I'm stoked.

Oh yeah, and I want people to be able to finally say that, with X,Y, and Z, done to your car, you should be able to put down about so many wheel horsepower. She will be properly tuned.

GSGoinFast said:
wont that be a pain to tune it for NA, then re-tune it for turbo?
Not likely. MSnS, man. The hardest part is getting it to run in the beginning. After that, it's a question of changing your target AFRs across the board and adjusting ignition timing. I might move the rev limiter a bit higher than 9,000rpm if I find my turbo can overcome the drop off in engine power beyond what it was running NA. I've got some of the sharpest minds in the 2GNT community behind me that I can just call up on the phone and ask for advice, so I'm confident I can take her to the razor's edge either way without too much trouble.

It's been a long, painful road thus far, but the harder the journey, the more rewarding the destination. :talon:

i dont think any of us with NA's plan on staying NA's. when you have a dsm at your fingertips they just scream TURBO ME! take my car for example, i have full exhaust and intake, but its all just temporary while i save up for a turbo kit and my bottom end. i just have issues with sportin a stock ride. call it wasteful which it is cuz the header and intake will eventually be worthless but thats just me. i know there are some die hard all motor fans out there, and more power to you if thats your thing, just the majority arent :dsm:

dr1665 said:
I am. Big turbo.

Exactly. That, and if I hold off on the forced induction until this winter, I can actually run all motor against the fastest all motor 2GNTs in the country at the Shootout Friday night. If I were to turbocharge her before the SO, then I could only guess how well she would have fared against the likes of Daniel, Todd, and Michael. I liken it to having your car built up to the same level as Bill Hahn and getting a chance to run him. Wouldn't that be something? You bet it would. I'm looking forward to some close racing between me and my mentors. I'm stoked.

she's not going to be turboed for the SO?? :( thats too bad. so all the bad boys of the NA world are going to be there huh? this thing is a must... now about that hotel room... LOL

dr1665 said:
Not likely. MSnS, man. The hardest part is getting it to run in the beginning. After that, it's a question of changing your target AFRs across the board and adjusting ignition timing. I might move the rev limiter a bit higher than 9,000rpm if I find my turbo can overcome the drop off in engine power beyond what it was running NA. I've got some of the sharpest minds in the 2GNT community behind me that I can just call up on the phone and ask for advice, so I'm confident I can take her to the razor's edge either way without too much trouble.

oh right i totally forgot about setting the target AFR and letting the megasquirt do the rest. you'll still have to do some fine tuning tho wont you? damn man more then 9,000 rpms? that thing will be screeming and have every head turning. i cant wait!

dr1665 said:
It's been a long, painful road thus far, but the harder the journey, the more rewarding the destination. :talon:

We all want to see what all your work will show for itself. good luck :thumb:

xXeclipstasyXx said:
i dont think any of us with NA's plan on staying NA's. when you have a dsm at your fingertips they just scream TURBO ME! take my car for example, i have full exhaust and intake, but its all just temporary while i save up for a turbo kit and my bottom end. i just have issues with sportin a stock ride. call it wasteful which it is cuz the header and intake will eventually be worthless but thats just me. i know there are some die hard all motor fans out there, and more power to you if thats your thing, just the majority arent :dsm:

Maybe for some but for me, I plan on doing my N/T as a clean show car after I get a turbo 1G as a 2nd car. So for me it's the usual thing we hear "buy a turbo!" but I'm just not selling my N/T like so many would do.

SoilentGreen98 said:
Maybe for some but for me, I plan on doing my N/T as a clean show car after I get a turbo 1G as a 2nd car. So for me it's the usual thing we hear "buy a turbo!" but I'm just not selling my N/T like so many would do.

i didnt say buy a turbo... as you can see my car is sitttin NA right now... all i said is that dsms are the icon turbo motor. i even said if you want to go NA then more power to you, that it just wasnt my thing.... in no way shape or form did i even say anything about what you should do to YOUR car, i said what i plan and like to do for MY car.:dsm:

xXeclipstasyXx said:
i didnt say buy a turbo... as you can see my car is sitttin NA right now... all i said is that dsms are the icon turbo motor. i even said if you want to go NA then more power to you, that it just wasnt my thing.... in no way shape or form did i even say anything about what you should do to YOUR car, i said what i plan and like to do for MY car.:dsm:
But, you live in Wyoming. Shouldn't you be drving a lifted, late-eighties Dodge Ram with a gun rack in the back or something? ROFL

The DSM is the classic, turbo four imo. I would personally like to see a rennaisance of our motto, go fast with class. Seems there are more and more DSMs going fast, but the class aspect can be lacking in certain groups. Respect any enthusiast who puts in the wrench time and demonstrates responsibility. :rocks:

Redmachine said:
Yup, I was die hard N/T guy too chris, but damn low numbers suck. I'm juicing this may, and after my move to florida I'll be boosting too :cool:

Don't forget to add me to that list :sneaky: ....Red your moving to FL? Where in FL?

Florida kicks ass but shh dont tell chris b/c he might want to move down :shhh: ROFL

miamieclipse said:
Don't forget to add me to that list :sneaky: ....Red your moving to FL? Where in FL?

Florida kicks ass but shh dont tell chris b/c he might want to move down :shhh: ROFL

My grandma lives in florida... I've seen your ricer population, you have them like you have termites! there everywhere you look. when i was down there last my parents were so used to me pointing and laughing at stupid ricers, when i started drooling and saying "thats my dream car" as i was looking at an EVO 8, they thought i was being sarcastic and said "yea those are ugly" WTF :nono:

I'm going to take a crack and say about 140 at the wheels even though most of my friends say its way more. We'll see for sure this week when I take it to the dyno. :sneaky:

pr0 said:
I'm going to take a crack and say about 140 at the wheels even though most of my friends say its way more. We'll see for sure this week when I take it to the dyno. :sneaky:

Well I'm confused. I look at your time slip and I say your more like 120-125hp @the wheels, like I am.

then I look at your mod list, and think the same.

Then I look at your gallery and notice under the "power plant" photo a phatty ass turbo just chilling in your engine bay like it belongs there (CAUSE IT DOES).
So depending on how much boost your running you should be 170-230hp to the wheels (5-10lbs)

So exactly what mods were u talking about on your when u guestimated 140hp to the wheels?

pr0 said:

Yea man update your profile. but lets keep the crackin and bench dynoing to a minimum. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back