2G How can i tell what Hoslet turbo i have HX35 or Hx40

Posted by Twizted99GSX, Mar 12, 2018

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. Twizted99GSX

Twizted99GSX Proven Member

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    im trying to find a Turbine Housing and there is one for Hx35 and 40 and I don't know exactly what I have on here...Its a BullsEye Housing and one is for each but look exactly like each other so is it the size of hole the CHRA fits in or the Opposite side or what? I looked around before posting this so if there is one I didn't find it.. thanks..

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

T25   manual
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T

Street Build

manual
  2. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Are you buying it new or used? Extreme psi specifies the difference on their site. Used youd have to take measirements of the Hole where the turbine sits

My DSM:

Drag Race Build

11.128 @ 132.5 MPH
  3. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    it doesn't ask me for measurements on xtreme just says external waste gate on O2 sensor or on manifold and that's it... doesn't ask for measurements.. says its a .55 A/R and same verbiage for each description of each.. so I cant tell apart the difference.. and there is one for hx40 and hx35 just don't want to purchase one and it not fit exactly

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual
  4. lasershark

lasershark Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2013
    over yander, Idaho
    What turbo do you have? If you have a hx35 then get it for the hx35. hx40, get it for the hx40.

Then decide if you want the wastegate on the o2 housing or the manifold. If you choose the manifold, the o2 housing won't have a hole where the wastegate hole normally is.

Basically the 40 has a bigger hole for the larger turbine compared to the 35. But from internet pics they will look basically the same but they are machined to fit the specific turbine specs of either the hx35 or the hx40.

My DSM:
  5. 19gsx91

19gsx91 Proven Member

Joined Apr 20, 2011
    Walworth, New York
    The difference is the size of the turbine housing itself, I actually ended up buying an HX35 with a BEP housing and having the guy ship it directly to Justin @JusMX141

Turned out the guy had put an hx40 hotside and attached it to an hx35.. which is like hooking up an 8cm housing off an fp red to a 14b. will it go together? absolutely. is it gonna work? Not so great. Take measurements.. Justin should be able to give you some ideas or just google the specs of the turbine

My DSM:
    1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

292 whp   264 lb/ft
  6. Archer Fabrications

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I’m not even sure how you can be confused here.... did you even look? It says what turbo it’s for. You just have to google it.

Hx35 .70 T3
    https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=23483

Hx40 .70 T3
    https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=23484

Hx35 .55 Td05
    https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=23481

Hx40 .55 Td05
    https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=23482

Or are you saying you have the turbo and hot side, but your not sure it’s the correct hot side?

My DSM:

Drag Race Build

11.128 @ 132.5 MPH
  7. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    Yes I already have the turbo just not sure its the correct hot side.. and I did google it... and the bottom 2 are what im looking for just wondering what is the difference from the 35 to 40.. I am pretty sure its a 35 just was checking on how to make sure cause im tired of ordering stuff that doesn't fit and returning it for a different piece... so just checking and double checking before I order... Previous owner did a lot of WONKY stuff I am NOW correcting...

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual
  8. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    Thanks for that.. that's what im trying to find out if it was modified like yours was.. so I am trying to see if the hot side is a hx35 or 40... when I put it in the previous BEP housing it was a bear to get in.. had to knock with rubber mallet so I was wondering or was it just a tight fit to begin with.. Its hard to clock once its set in.. even with bolts loosened..

Again I am NEW NOT A PROFESSIONAL.. So I am trying to learn... I appreciate any info.. But also have limited time to research for hours on certain things.. SO I DO appreciate any info given that helps HOURS of digging for info..

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual
  9. Archer Fabrications

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Youll have to measure the turbine wheel of your turbo, and measure the hole it fits into the housing. Post them up. I’m sure @JusMX141 can tell you if the clearance is correct. There ahould be very very little space between the housing and turbine blades.

You never said if you had an hx35 or 40 by the way.

And if you had an hx40 with an hx35 housing I doubt it would even bolt on.

My DSM:

Drag Race Build

11.128 @ 132.5 MPH
  10. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    I believe its an hx35

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual
  11. Archer Fabrications

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Post a pic of your turbo it will say on the name plate if it’s a genuine one. You are looking for the mitsubishi bolt on housing? It’s referred to as “.55AR BEP” ( BEP meaning: bulls eye performance)

My DSM:

Drag Race Build

11.128 @ 132.5 MPH
  12. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    yes it is a hx35 says on the plate on the cover but was just making sure there wasn't a swap on anything. so I could check n make sure before ordering parts id have to return. plus own personal knowing of the turbo.
    and yes the BEP its what im looking for.

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual
  13. jakk220

jakk220 Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    I think everyone is confused of the question here.... From what I am reading he is asking if he has an HX35 or HX40. He doesn't know what turbo he has. Am I wrong? if the face plate on the turbine housing says HX35, then that is what you have.

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon N/T (sold)

Autocross Build

manual
    1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
  14. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    the only reason I asked this question at all was because when putting the BEP back on my turbo I have it wouldn't just slide in and done.. it had to be hit with a rubbermallet to get it to seat.. and then you cant clock it if its pushed in because its soo tight it cant turn with out hitting with a mallet to clock it.. so I was wondering if it was different in any way as to why its such a bear to clock or even set it all the way in housing... and if I order a new BEP I wanna make sure I order right so its not a bear and it spins a bit easier than this last one...

and again new to ALL this sorry my question confused people.. trying to learn as I go..

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual
  15. Archer Fabrications

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Is it or your turbine chra rusty? And when you fit It on did thr blades spin freely?

My DSM:

Drag Race Build

11.128 @ 132.5 MPH
  16. Twizted99GSX

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    No when I took it apart I sanded and coated with ceramic coating.. BUT taped off all areas where surfaces met so nothing would interfere.. it was hard to get out in beginning. and yes wheel spins Freely.. no obstruction

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual

Street Build

manual