The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Horribly Slow RS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adgators99 said:
Not taken as an insult to me. a quick car to me is one that responds well, off the line it goes and is "quick" to respond. a fast car to me is one that is straight out just takes off and never looks back. Those are the cars that you see mostly in magazines. Street racers usually have quick and fast cars. rs gs without turbo can be quick cars if they are manual, auto is a little harder since you have to do the brake technique, but it can still be quicker. Turbos can be both. Of coursre everyone would have to be willing to invest some money.

I just hate the bashing that goes on between the two, we are all here for different reasons, therefore different results from cars are expected

Yeah plus AWD just have more things to break! Seriously my buddy has a Stage 3 Magnus Race Engine and his car needs more repairs everyday then anything. As my 2g NT I have only replaced 1 wheel bearing because I hit a HUGE pot hole but besides that, I never have to fix anything on it, Finally I didn't get a lemon. Plus my 2G NT is quick... Very nice and fun. I enjoy it everyday, and I just keep getting more power by little quirks etc. Also I have a T-25 turbo intecooler and much more in my room :D Only time it'd be an ESi-T

Rice Over Wheat said:
Hell yes it's worth building a race auto in a DSM. The longer gearing let's me stay in my torque band longer than a m/t and the shifting is flawless. It's superior to the manual because it is stronger, damn near impervious to crankwalk, and will outshift a m/t every time.

You just can't brag about being a good driver.

Please. My grandma can drive a 6-speed. What's to brag about? I guess if you drive an awd you aren't a good driver either...after all, just press on the gas right? :rolleyes:

In the end, if you lose a race you can make any excuse you want, but you still lost. Just don't be a sore loser about it.

Rice Over Wheat said:
Please. My grandma can drive a 6-speed. What's to brag about? I guess if you drive an awd you aren't a good driver either...after all, just press on the gas right? :rolleyes:

In the end, if you lose a race you can make any excuse you want, but you still lost. Just don't be a sore loser about it.

whose got a 6 speed?

Rice Over Wheat said:

I'm sorry, you're right an automatic transmission takes the same amount of skill to be consistent as a manual when it comes to drag racing. And if you drive an AWD against a front wheel drive or a rear wheel drive you also do not have an advantage. What was I thinking.

My bad. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back