The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Horribly Slow RS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr0

15+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2004
Calgary, Alberta_Canada
I have a slow auto RS :confused: . The take off is so horrible so I just bought an Injen RD. I just want to know if it will help when launching because I swear this car is slow as hell when taking off. It does like 0-60 in like 9 sec which is just mad ### and I'm flooring the damn thing. Damn 420a just doesn't cut it.

I just got a turbo mani, but I think I'm going to sell this RS to get a GSX. I don't know if its worth turbocharging since I am looking at rebuilding the bottom end which will be costly. :thumbdown

EDIT: intake does bull shit for our cars, sold the Injen intake, big waste of money.

rs's are suppose to be faster than gs's. now the thing is, these cars are front wheel drive, which that in itself will make the car have slow take off. but i know that rs's arent that slow once you get passed 20 mph. if ur gonna race, dont race from 0 mph, do a streetstart race. my friend's rs, stock automatic, can beat a lot of cars on the highway.

:dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

OMG r u serious. :laugh: why would you buy an auto rs. first off the auto in the n/t's r ###. second...just NO!!

now i have a manual rs and sumone asked if they r fast...well fast no. they are quick. Quick is the correct term to use. the stock 420a :thumbdown is far from fast.

yea I love my gs. Wonderful daily drivers and they look great! I just added an aem v2 on mine it is sounds awesome :thumb: they are pretty fast I beat a lot of civics and older integras. And my car always turns heads especially with my CAI now :)

I have an auto non-turbo... off the line there is a lot of hesitation, but as soon as you hit 4000rpm the car takes off. our stock powerband kind of sucks and the motor has no balls until then. turbocharge it and it will be fun. you don't need to rebuild the bottom end as long as you stay around 300 crank horsepower. 250 wheel horsepower is a lot of fun.

murph22287 said:
OMG r u serious. :laugh: why would you buy an auto rs. first off the auto in the n/t's r ###. second...just NO!!

now i have a manual rs and sumone asked if they r fast...well fast no. they are quick. Quick is the correct term to use. the stock 420a :thumbdown is far from fast.

i wish you understood that the difference from automatic to manual is about... 5 horsepowers. and in automatics you dont have to worry about missin a gear. so ur rs is a piece of shit either way, auto or manual. they're fast once past 20 mph. manual doenst make that much of a difference, at least not enough to make you notice. besides, theres tricks to makin an auto jump gears just like manuals. stupid ass...

pr0 said:
I have a slow auto RS :confused: . The take off is so horrible so I just bought an Injen RD. I just want to know if it will help when launching because I swear this car is slow as hell when taking off. It does like 0-60 in like 9 sec which is just mad ### and I'm flooring the damn thing. Damn 420a just doesn't cut it.

I just got a turbo mani, but I think I'm going to sell this RS to get a GSX. I don't know if its worth turbocharging since I am looking at rebuilding the bottom end which will be costly. :thumbdown

How did you timed your 0-60? Im just curious, my auto did 9.22 with I/E/H 183 KM engine :(

yea the auto sux ass below 3500 rpm, but after that its decent. thank god we have neon power LOL.

wat i do in automatics is put the car in o/d off, hold on the brake, accelerate up to 2500 rpm's and then let go of the brake while jammin in the accelerator, works pretty good, will get u off the line pretty well. dont know if dat causes any damage to the brakes??

NyteDSM96 said:
wat i do in automatics is put the car in o/d off, hold on the brake, accelerate up to 2500 rpm's and then let go of the brake while jammin in the accelerator, works pretty good, will get u off the line pretty well. dont know if dat causes any damage to the brakes??

yeah thats gotta be good for the car braking and accelorating at the same time. dont but ive seen people do that and their engines overheart, meltdown, and smoke all over the place. and you call me a stupid ass.

um, ive never seen smoke come out, overheat, or any such thing that is caused by dat. acutally, all ive seen is a dramatic difference in acceleration. but dont really wanna see the rotors after that...

when did i call u a stupid ass

NyteDSM96 said:
i wish you understood that the difference from automatic to manual is about... 5 horsepowers. and in automatics you dont have to worry about missin a gear. so ur rs is a piece of shit either way, auto or manual. they're fast once past 20 mph. manual doenst make that much of a difference, at least not enough to make you notice. besides, theres tricks to makin an auto jump gears just like manuals. stupid ass...

just so you can see you last two words. not that it matters but whatever
:dsm: :cool:

NyteDSM96 said:
um, ive never seen smoke come out, overheat, or any such thing that is caused by dat. acutally, all ive seen is a dramatic difference in acceleration. but dont really wanna see the rotors after that...

:dsm: :dsm: :dsm: QUOTE]

yeah it can't be good or anything so just use that techniwue when sumone is tryin to put down our DSMs!! :thumb:

murph22287 said:
just so you can see you last two words. not that it matters but whatever
:dsm: :cool:

whoops, must have been having a bad day. my bad. yes, the technique is effective, dont get too use to it though.

Automatic transmissions are made for grandma and soccer moms, not for racing. If you really want to go fast, try a neutral drop, I hear it does wonders for the transmission, I mean 0-60 time. At least you bought a dsm. If you want to talk slow 0-60 times drive up to altitude with me and try to do it in under 9 seconds, you practically have to have a turbo to have a chance at having a fast car. Anyways sell it and get anything manual if you are going to get serious about racing

it doesnt matter...no N/T is fast, or quick, they are all SLOW

bad0024 said:
Automatic transmissions are made for grandma and soccer moms, not for racing. If you really want to go fast, try a neutral drop, I hear it does wonders for the transmission, I mean 0-60 time. At least you bought a dsm. If you want to talk slow 0-60 times drive up to altitude with me and try to do it in under 9 seconds, you practically have to have a turbo to have a chance at having a fast car. Anyways sell it and get anything manual if you are going to get serious about racing

agreed manuals are the way to do. i sorta get disgusted when sweet cars are auto. you have so much more controll over your car with manual. plus its a million times more fun to drive!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back