The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Home chamber CC measuring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumpyVR4

Supporting Member
May 21, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I never thought to confirm what the CCs of the head for my build was, and I figured it might be a good idea to find out so I know what thickness head gasket to get once the block is machined.

Supplies required
10 cc syringe
clear perspex
food coloring
2 x clamps

I got a bit of perspex big enough to cover a chamber, then drilled a couple of holes. One big enough for the syringe to plug into, and the other smaller to let out air as the chamber filled. I then clamped it over the chamber and made sure there was a good seal.

After adding a little food coloring to water to make it easier to see, I filled the chamber up to 40cc being careful to take exactly 10cc into the syringe each time. The final time I carefully filled the up chamber, then noted the remaining fluid in the syringe and subtracted that from 10 to get the final figure.

My results were not 100% perfect (tiny amounts of leakage and getting the head perfectly flat is a pain), but good enough to tell me all the chambers are 46 to 47cc.

Attachments

• IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 40
I thought this was handy but only shows the 7 bolt specs.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back