The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Holset FAQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraginX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2002
Moncton, New_Brunswick_Canada
A faq was brought up for the holset. All the info I'm putting here is basically a quick compilation from all the holset threads. If you think something needs to be added or changed let me know. This will take a while so it will be updated many times. I'm going to try to keep it all on this page.
(Posted randomly as found)

cm^2 to A/R Equivalences

9cm^2 - .48 A/R
12cm^2 - .63 A/R
16cm^2 - .83 A/R
18cm^2 - 1.00 A/R
22cm^2 - 1.15 A/R

Oil feed thread (must read)

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tur...turbo-users-your-oil-drain-may-too-small.html

Some oil restrictor topics

BEFORE RUNNING ANY OF THESE YOU SHOULD ALWAYS INSTALL A OIL PRESSURE GUAGE BETWEEN THE TURBO AND RESTRICTOR TO FINE YOUR OIL PRESSURE TO THE TURBO. A QUICK FREE REV WITH GIVE YOU THE RESULTS.

Quoted from:turbodsm18
Alright, well I had a few minutes at work tonight to play around.....So I went on the hunt for a plug that I could drill out to make a restictor....Low and behold, I found the absolute perfect size fitting, correct thread pitch, and I found an oring that fit perfect and is very snug in the turbos recess......So after center punching the hole I started to drill....I ended up going with a .72 hole just to make sure there is enough oil.....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Then I decided well, maybe if I add a small chamfer to the hole it will help flow a little better, maybe not but oh well, better be safe than sorry.....

So what I have to do now is cut the end off the extremepsi fitting I have and weld basically the two nuts together.....

Pretty easy in the end.....

-Kevin-

Another:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...or-garrett-channel-bearing-non-bb-turbos.html

Wastegate acuator

Quote by:dsm-onster
Stock wastegate actuator with the bep housing has been proven not to control boost under 30psi. .. So unless you're ready stay away from the holset actuator.

Again this isn't finished if you see something that should be here please post it and I'll add it. I've only skimmed over thread 7 and the first 21 pages of thread 6.

Last edited:
Coming along good. Even links directly to the topic itself or to the page/post would work as well.

So if I understand this faq correctly, I would be LUCKY if I were able to limit boost on my E316G to even 20psi using a Holset Actuator?

I guess I have a T25 actuator then, because I'm creeping like its my job. I didn't know the 16G had a different actuator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back