The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G High Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmTalon702

Probationary Member
Feb 5, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm having a High Idle When I cold start my car and when it's warm it idles around 2000- 2500 Rpms and it's steady, I've done a boost leak test and didn't find anything , I looked around the forums and some people are saying bad EGR or trying adjusting the Throttle Body Cable or BISS and I've tried both and they didn't work , so I'm thinking maybe replacing EGR but I haven't gotten a code for bad EGR which is weird , any suggestions ? Thanks. Btw I have 2g 1995 Eagle Talon 4g63

Not a fun problem thats for sure. I have the same issue with my 95 eclipse. Only my egr has been deleted :confused:. Ive heard maybe vac leak but i have yet to find one on my car that wasnt there before this problem. My turbo seals blew over the summer and i changed the turbo and have had this problem since

Yeah it's not a fun problem , but yet I still haven't found a vac leak yet , I'm just curious because when I'm on boost it sorta of sputters or doesn't wanna boost almost like it doesn't want too go fast if that makes since , I was just wondering if their is anymore solutions ?

Do you still have the coolant lines running to and from the throttle body? That's your fast idle air valve. If it's unhooked but not blocked off, it will cause your car to idle really high like you are describing.

Yeah it's not a fun problem , but yet I still haven't found a vac leak yet , I'm just curious because when I'm on boost it sorta of sputters or doesn't wanna boost almost like it doesn't want too go fast if that makes since , I was just wondering if their is anymore solutions ?

Have you done a boost leak test for your boost issue?

Yeah I have all the coolant lines still connected , I recently bought the car about month an half ago and the Idle problem occurred , so I'm not really sure , I think I'm going too have too do an old fashion test and test the IAC manually see if it's the coils are good

Have you done a boost leak test for your boost issue?

Yeah I've done a boost leak test I'm getting 13 lbs of boost when I'm driving it sputters under acceleration and it only happens when I'm in Park or Neutral , and the fact it sputters while I'm driving

my car was right around those RPM's when i had a tear in my TB seal, i would check that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back