The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G High idle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g Cam

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2014
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
I have a 90 gsx, it's -7 where I'm at. I got off work and cold started my car. It almost wouldn't start, when it fired up it idles extremely low, around 400-600. After 35-45 seconds it jumped to about 2000. Usally cold start it's about 1200-1500. When it was at full operational temp it idled at about 1500. I have it set at 850. In between shifts in jumped to 2000, then back to 1500 after a couple seconds. Thank you in advance.

If you have link you could run a log and see if you isc position is way out of wack. If it is then you could go in with an ohm meter and ohm out your coils and go from there.

My first guess with high idle is always a vacuum line. Non the less its not the only possibility, check your throttle cable for any hanging, make sure the throttle plate is full functional and if you have means to log it look for odd throttle positions as your tps may be bad as well. But examine the vacuum lines first, 95% of them should be fairly easy to access/inspect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back