The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

High flow cat

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iggster

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2005
Janesville, Wisconsin
Ok all. Here is the scenario. I just recently replaced my entire exhaust sustem with new stock exhaust parts. Yesterday I went and picked up a hiflow cat. IF I use this in place of the stock cat keeping the stock muffler on will I still see performance gains or should I now replace the stock muffler as well?

Why didnt you just buy a bigger aftermarket exhausy system with a test pipe that would give you the best results. But since you didnt maybe the stocker you got was really cheap or something but i suppose the high flow cat will help a little but not enough for you to notice.

Let me refresh here. They were Mopar replacement stock equivalent. I work for a dealership. I was originally just going for stock but now have gotten the bug and want to increase performance. I guess the DSM bug has just bitten me now! :p Not looking to totally redo engine or anything but little things. So in from what I am hearing I should also upgrade the muffler to make the most use out of the hi flow then? If so does anyone know of any good ones that will come with the flange or should I just plan on doing some welding?

What your going to want to do is buy a system or have one custom made at a exahust shop wich will be cheaper. You will want to get a bigger downpipe 2 1/2 or 3 and then a cat back system to match either 2 1/2 or 3 inches. Basicly your going to replace all of the exhaust pipes with bigger ones with less bends in them. As far as what ones to recomend just do a search and you will find many threds on them from videos and sound clips to peoples opinons on them.

listen to this guy. You can change your cat and muffler all you want for maybe 2hp, it's the restrictive pipes that are the problem. I know you probly weren't trying to spend that much money but thats the blunt truth of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back