The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

High Flow Cat

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool Mr Steve

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
Spanaway, Washington
With a Big 16g running in the neighborhood of 15-16 psi, a 3" downpipe and 2.5" catback... How much of a difference would a 3" high flow cat make?

There was a thread on here that I read awhile ago that told of a test between a straight pipe and a high-flow cat was something like 5whp loss.

I've got a high flow on my 3'' o2 eliminator exhaust and the only difference I noticed was the sound and the smell. The cat seemed to take the edge off the sound and actually made it smell tolerable.

Take the edge off the sound??? What exactly does that mean? Does it make a pretty big difference in sound?

My main concern, I guess, is if my downpipe is even doing any good if my exhaust has to neck down at the cat.

Cool Mr Steve said:
Take the edge off the sound??? What exactly does that mean? Does it make a pretty big difference in sound?

It made my exhaust less raspy. It gave me a softer deeper tone, not really a huge difference but enough to notice if you pay attention to it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back