The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

help with shifter cables

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

636chris

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
philadelphia, Pennsylvania
ok guys i have a minor pain in the ass on my hands. i've swapped my shifter base and cables out of my 90 to the 91+ stuff to match my trans . The problem im having is the rubber fire wall grommet for the cables and the metal bracket. everytime i go to bolt them down i have a issue with the top of the grommet falling though the whole causing a gap at the top into the bay. im thinking some how i have something backwards.

Does anyone know which way the bracket and grommet face ? ex. the slot on the metal bracket up or down and the grommet angling the cables up or down when it goes into the engine bay. currently i have it angled up into the bay which makes sense to me but how to i stop the grommet from falling though the fire wall?

If anyone has pictures please post them. ive searched all over google and cant come up with this issue .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back