The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Help w/ 6bolt in 2g.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
I'm about to do a said swap in my friends 98 gst spyder. I've understood all instructions on RRE's "how to" as well as Mangus motorsports. I am more then sure I can pull the swap off myself I just have to ask a few things to clear everything up.

• On RRE's page it seemed to make it clear that they we'er talking a manual transmissions, why is that? It says it right in the title. I shouldent have any problems doing the swap on an automatic, should I?

• and also, refering to RRE's wright up, has anybody had any good luck cutting the tps to get rid of the ramdom misfire? We don't plan on pushing any thing higher then stock boost levels. Or use any logger that would require it. Dose it really fix the misfire? I don't even see how that makes since? I'm just not sure if the Potentiometer would be that much better of a fix.

Any good advice is welcomed. The cars going to be all stock minus a FMIC,
T28(maybe). Intake/exhaust. It's a 98' spyder gst. Automatic

With an auto transmission you are going to need the kiggley flexplate and spacer. It is like 400 bucks for both. Also ignore all the pages with the 7 bolt pump modified to fit the 6 bolt block. Just use a black top cam angle sensor, with your flashable ecu you won't have to invert the signal and shouldn't really have any misfire issues.

Dam really $400?!? That's gonna be problem seeing how were on a budget. And I wasent even considering the oil pump casing swap, that's just a waist of time if you ask me.

I thought I dint have to worrie about inverting the CAS signal in the first place? Because it's a 97-99.

And that flexplate and spacer is the only way?

As i said, you will not have to invert the signal or switch the plug wires around. As for adapting the flex plate to the torque converter, yes, that is about your only option with a 6 bolt other than swapping to a 5 speed.

Five speed sounds like a good route to go.

It dose to me too, but that's more then 400 right there for the swap. It's not my money it's my friends, whom it a girl that can't drive stick, but ok I'll figure that out.

What about the tps thing, has this worked for anyone?

Thanks you so far for yalls help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back