The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

help me pick my front bumper!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmac714

Probationary Member
Oct 20, 2008
Washingtonville, New_York
on my 2g i had a blitz front bumper on my car got into an accident needlesss to say i need a new bumper!! but i have a big greddy front mount, what bumpers do you guys like an suggest taht will defintly fit the intercooler?!? oh an which site shoudl i look into to buy the bumper from?!? thanks for your input in advance

Get on ebay and look for a 97-99 oem style eclipse bumper. It looks nice and clean and with a little trimiing/hacking would fit your fmic well.

None on this site will suggest anything other than a stock bumper.....so you should really never ask anyones opinion on body styling.

Since you are posting this topic, I'm pretty sure you are looking for something other than a stock bumper. Check out the Stillen bumper: STILLEN : STILLEN Eclipse Body Kits & Aero Components

There is absolutely no reason why the oem bumper on a eclipse should be exchanged for another(other than if its a 2ga and your doing a 2gb conversion). Look at cars with bodykits and then look at cars with stock bodys, then compare, and compare again, 95% of the time the stock body will look better. Dont let yourself get influenced by the F&F movies, we already have enough of those people.

Exactly like these guys said, aftermarket body kit bumpers are ugly. Def. stick with what your car originally came with, a 2gb bumper.

+1. i love the way the car looks with the 2gb. to me nothing looks better.

97-98 TALON front bumper!!!!! My favorite of all time. I love the 2gb eclipse bumper, but the talons is that much more rare and mean looking.

My choice would be stillen front bumper, then 2gb talon bumper(remember you have 2 use 2ga headlights) and then 2gb eclipse bumper. These would be my three favorite bumpers

2gb bumper all the way :thumb:

But its your car, so you should look around and find one that you like. Then when you find one see if the GReddy IC will fit with it.

Well i can tell you that having a body kit is just waste of money because you will beat that thing up so quick, that happend to me so i went stock again and it is way better, now if you want a stock 97 front bumper i do have a extraone i did some modification just to make my 18r greddy FMIC fit

how would the 2gb look with after market body kit style side skirts though? an back bumper?

Get an aftermarket oem style 2gb bumper and trim it. It's only $100 - $130. Our bumpers get scratched up a lot even when the car is barely lowered. If you get those fiberglass ones or carbon fiber is going to get cracked if your car is lowered.

+1 to the 97-98 talon front bumber. it sure looks mean with a front mount behind it!

I vote, as with many others, for the 2GB bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back