The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

HELP - Removing Front Bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRicey

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2010
Orange County, California
okay so here i am removing my front bumper thinking it would be easy just unbolt the bolt and remove it. So once I got to the last step it pisses me off so much :banghead: I notice there were 4 bolt or screw or what ever those annoying thing that is on top of the headlight. Its a stupid place to place the screw where you cant remove it so I cant remove those by any chance do you guys know how to remove those annoying screw that are on top of the headlight. :ohdamn:

-John

Thanks for the thread/link to photos showing how to remove the bumper. The photos are definitely more helpful than the illustrations in my repair manual. Now I just need to find out if I have to remove the whole bumper in order to replace the bumper cover. Signs are pointing to yes...

if you remove the 4 bolts (red) for the stay assembly, you don't have to fuc with the ones under the headlights (blue)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I’m trying to replace just the bumper cover, not the whole bumper. Does your statement still apply in that case? Not trying to be annoying, just trying to get an idea if this is actually something I can do myself :idontknow:

yes its way easier to pull the cover off the car while its still attached to the support. after its off the car, you can get to the clips that attach the cover to the support and remove them and attach your new bumper cover or whatever.

the link turbosax2 posted is fckn awesome, did you check it out?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back