The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Removing Door Bumper...Things Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlkBird

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2003
FloridaUS
Hey guys, I've noticed only some DSMs have these...but they're the pieces that line the sides of your doors...they apparently stop shopping carts and other car doors from denting yours...I hope you know what I'm talking about, Otherwise imma sound like a moron. ANyway, I discovered today, mine are only on by like..a double sided tape, type of material. I Can easily pull them off, I was just wondering if anyone has done this. and what I would use to buff out where the double sided tape was so it wont look trashy. I'm Very sorry if this is a repost, i tried the search 100 times. Thanks Guys. Lata

a hair dryer and some rubbing alcohol will do the trick also, same with any decals on the outside of your car, im not sure goo gone is good for your clear coat

Thank you BlkBird. You are the man! I have posted questions about this on bot DSM boards, and never really got a straight answer. The things are so ugly on the sides it stopped me from gettinga talon esi Yet. You know what would make you the man even more would be if you took some pics after they were removed , and posted them.
Thanks dude.:thumb: :talon: :thumb:

Originally posted by dank91
a hair dryer and some rubbing alcohol will do the trick also, same with any decals on the outside of your car, im not sure goo gone is good for your clear coat

Well I started work on the "door bumper things" today, I took the two little pieces off that are on the fenders. I'm not sure if they came out good or bad haha. One appears to be perfect, accept the paint under it is a tad bit blacker than the rest, i assumed this would be the case. The otherside however..shows like..tons of scractches...but i didn't touch the paint with anything other than a washcloth. Can you take me through the process of using rubbing alcohol and a blow dryer? the rubbing alcohol worked perfect to get the double sided tape off, but now, like i said, it APPEARs to be tiny white scratches..i'm sure i've messed something up, but hey, its just an NT ;)

use the blow dryer to take the sticker or whatever off then either rubbing alcohol or you can try some wd40 with a rag that might work a little bit better for the adheisive

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back