The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help me pick a turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92_talonTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2004
New Castle, Indiana
Well I recently had to sell my 20g to pay off some bills. Im looking to sit down and find a replacment. Ive looked into the Bullseye-Power TO4B V trim. Im wanting a street strip car. Good pull from a roll have around 850 to spend. I have 880 injectors,fmic,piping 255 walbro, 3 inch exhaust, logger,chip, safc tubular manifold and tubular 02 housing would like to stay with something that has mitsu flange and 02 housing what do you all recommend?

the Vtrim will do nicely. You should also consider the T04b 50. We have sold several of both and they will both probably do what you want out of them.

do you have an HP goal in particular?

Well im kind of looking for mid 11 second car I think the 20g i had would of got me there but due to bills it had to be sold. Id like to say yo man i want 10s but I know thats not easy I have 800 to spend maybe a tad more. Id like something so when the cobras pick on me I dont look like a honda in there mirror

A 50 trim or 54 trim will do all of that with the right supporting mods. Spool up should be in the same neighborhood as the 20G, depending on bearing choice maybe a bit quicker. Anything much bigger may become a little laggy for your taste on a street driven car with a 2L. Both the 50 and 54 trim turbos are awesome pump gas turbos and should support between 450-500hp max.

Thought I haven't personally run a vtrim I know guys who have & seen a bunch of posts. There seems to be alot of guys that complain about surge with them and poor spool for their size. Basically a small step up from the evoIII. A std bearing 50 trim seems to be the common turbo these days. If you don't mind abit more lag I would recommend the Garrett GT3561. For being a std bearing it seems to spool pretty good & you can lay down some nice numbers with it. Its uses the newest GT wheels technology which helps in the flow & spool department. Dejon lists these for $900 so it would be right in your price range.

thanks daren keep the replys coming and if u could posst the sites these turos are at thanks

thanks daren keep the replys coming and if u could posst the sites these turos are at thanks

You can find the GT3561 @ www.dejonpowerhouse.com , click on the DSM link then click on turbos :thumb: If you search 3561 on here you should find atleast one good post with install results & power numbers (I believe it was a full T3 setup but it will give you a ballpark idea).

Bullseye T04b 50 trim, $700 at extremepsi.com. I am VERY happy with it so far. Uses the Borg Warner core. I can't find a better bang for the buck anywhere that size turbo while bolting up to a mitsu housing.

I would recommend skipping over the 50 trim turbos altogether, I have been dissapointed with them as have most others that I know to have them. Why not just get another 20g? or maybe even a 60 trim?

rice is this a vtrim set up? Does it hit boost hard or have some lag?

Vtrim is in between evo3 and 50 trim. Full spool around 3800 in 1st gear on the 50 trim. Yes it hits hard. If you're going to go bullseye anyway, might as well go with the T04b. Especially if you have 850s already. I had 650s and already saw 103% idc at 22 psi. So I put in 950s.

rice is this a vtrim set up? Does it hit boost hard or have some lag?

hey scumbag, how about you give me my 75 bucks back that you robbed me for? Or how about you send me the odb2 cable and a/c adapter?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back