The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

GT35 T3/T04 Help me pick housings and A/R's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted98gsx

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2002
Houston, Texas
Going to be on a 2.3 w/ manley/wiseco's. Want to run full garrett GT35 w/ a 56trim comp and the turbonetics cast manifold. What turbine and what A/R should i get the turbine housing in for usable daily boost? Also, what's the name of the anti-surge comp housing that's on the GT-40's that FP uses on the FP series BB turbos?

Thanks

Boosted98gsx said:
Going to be on a 2.3 w/ manley/wiseco's. Want to run full garrett GT35 w/ a 56trim comp and the turbonetics cast manifold. What turbine and what A/R should i get the turbine housing in for usable daily boost? Also, what's the name of the anti-surge comp housing that's on the GT-40's that FP uses on the FP series BB turbos?

Thanks
I would get the 63 A/R with a tial 44, same setup as that black evo from AMS runnin around on the net, full boost by 3500 pulls to 8000. and the surge port housing is just that, a surge ported compressor housing

definitiveno said:
I would get the 63 A/R with a tial 44, same setup as that black evo from AMS runnin around on the net, full boost by 3500 pulls to 8000. and the surge port housing is just that, a surge ported compressor housing

thought there was a specific name for the garrett surge port housing. Ok. What sized turbine?

Would this turbo be able to propel me over 500awhp on pump? My gut feeling is yes but i'm not sure. Also, will a walbro 255hp be able to keep up or will i need to invest in something else?

Boosted98gsx said:
Would this turbo be able to propel me over 500awhp on pump? My gut feeling is yes but i'm not sure. Also, will a walbro 255hp be able to keep up or will i need to invest in something else?
Easily.

Wait, not easily, but if there ever was ever a more potential setup for large pump gas figures, its a gt35r and stroker. Between AMS, Dynoflash and a little alky you could find yourself well into that neighborhood.

definitiveno said:
Easily.

Wait, not easily, but if there ever was ever a more potential setup for large pump gas figures, its a gt35r and stroker. Between AMS, Dynoflash and a little alky you could find yourself well into that neighborhood.

I'm not going to be getting the ball bearing version. Too much money at risk to not be able to rebuild the turbo if something happens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back