1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

help finding an o2 housing that dumps

Posted by speedyred85, Dec 16, 2007

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. speedyred85

speedyred85 Probationary Member

Joined Sep 13, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    i've looked around but im having trouble finding an o2 sensor housing that dumps into the atmosphere...if anyone knows any websites thanx, but if it becomes too tedious then i'd rather just go with o2 eliminator dp that dumps

i'm getting a VRS turbo back 3" from the housing...i want to get the two together (02 housing and exhaust) and make sure everything bolts right...so far the ones i've found like the EVO III o2 housing is only 2.5" does the dp that comes with the exhaust have a 2.5" end that bolts on or do i have to get a fitting i've read some threads from people who have a VRS so if you know i could use the advice thanx

2. yamaha4life89

yamaha4life89 Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2006
    levittown, Pennsylvania
    check out the parts section on the website youll ###### find what your looking for

263  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.639 @ 105.590 · 1G DSM
  3. 97 4G63

97 4G63 Proven Member

Joined Mar 27, 2006
    RALEIGH, North Carolina
    I have never seen a 3inch o2 housing on a mitsubishi turbo unless your running some other kinda turbo but the vrs turbo back system that your getting should come whit a 2.5 flange on it then open up to a 3inch that's how mine works..

777  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.500 @ 0.000 · 2G DSM
  4. Artago

Artago Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2006
    North Vancouver, BC, Canada

Street Build 997  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. dsmconvict

dsmconvict Proven Member

Joined Jun 9, 2006
    horsham, Pennsylvania
    And I was just about to say ebay.

6. Artago

Artago Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2006
    North Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Beat ya to it ;) I got the re-circ version of that housing from the same eBay vendor. I love it. Works great.

Street Build 997  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  7. thekellbeast

thekellbeast Proven Member

Joined Jun 28, 2003
    Portland, Maine
    SSautochrome makes them in dumped and recirced versions. I had the dumped one and absolutely hated it. I wish I would have gotten the recirced. PM me if you want mine.

8. laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon Proven Member

Joined Jul 26, 2002
    Fredericksburg, Virginia

927  0

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. turbolover10

turbolover10 Proven Member

Joined Jun 20, 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    I'm running the ssac recirc. one and it works good, "after I had the flange machined."

I've read some people get luck and don't have to get machine work done, I wasn't that lucky.:mad:

^^^He aint kiddin:)

Street Build 1K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. Diplomat

Diplomat Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2003
    Lutz, Florida
    You must be kiddin' me. Usually it's the other way around. Trying to find a housing that is recirculated is a much more difficult search.

It's already been said, but you could just about go down your list of bookmarked DSM websites and find one at every other, if not nearly every, DSM shop. We're not gonna do the work for ya, bud.

On the other hand, if you need help deciding, I'm sure everyone would be glad to give you their opinion.

11. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    The outlet of the turbine housing is only 2.5", why would you want to step up to 3" so suddenly? You're going to have a hard time finding a decently-priced 3" o2 housing WITHOUT a dump, let alone one with a dump.

3K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

5K  14

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

3K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM

3K  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  12. andy4g63

andy4g63 Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2006
    NY, New York
    I would go with Punishment racigng/O2 housings/,but it is up to you.I am also runing on my car VRS exhaust,but i have Full 3" DP from the housing.They just sent me the DP without welding the flange to the O2 housing,so i had to do it myself to get the right angle.I am also using evo3 O2 housing,which i had to port a little bit,because the way my turbo's hot side is made.It is a little bigger than 2.5",so i ported both sides and it gets really big.It maches perfectly the 3" DP flange.

1K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM