The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

HELP Failed Emissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
I solved the rpm problem when it kept bouncing I disconnected the safc2 and it stoped when trying to hold the rpms at 2k. I failed now because hydrocarbons were too high and running too rich. The fuel pressure is around 40-42psi at idle with the vac hose connected. The bov was vented from when i bought it off of LR2TSIAWD. Im going to recirculate it and put in new spark plugs. If anyone else can help with any suggestions I would appreciate it.

daltah said:
I solved the rpm problem when it kept bouncing I disconnected the safc2 and it stoped when trying to hold the rpms at 2k. I failed now because hydrocarbons were to high and running to rich. The fuel pressure is around 40-42psi at idle with the vac hose connected. The bov was vented from when i bought it off of LR2TSIAWD. Im going to recirculate it and put in new spark plugs. If anyone else can help with any suggestions I would appreciate it.

How's your o2 sensor? Also, take a look at your catalytic converter, it may be shot.

Search the forum too for some fuel additives that can help for your emissions as well.

daltah said:
I failed now because hydrocarbons were too high and running too rich.
-------------
The bov was vented from when i bought it off of LR2TSIAWD.
Yeh. We tell you and tell you and tell you people not to vent. :beatentodeath:
Give the ECU a couple of weeks' running to get its shit back together after you correct the error.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back