The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Having some issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirkamus

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2012
27263, North_Carolina
hi there well i will start by saying i am somewat new to the 4g63t engine but i m used to Bishi engines i used to own a 2g stratus r/t and loved it but looking to figure out a few things with my smoke issues.
i purchased the car with everything good to go on it and it only needing an egr valve so i replaced it with ease. Now it has began to slowly have white/blue smoke when i was driving and now it does this after a few mins of idle and while i am driving to the point of a cloud of smoke behind me. it is really bothering me that this is happening considering the last thing i wanted was more headache.
i have been doing some test myself did a leak down test and it showed that i am solid at 130psi compression on all 4 cylinders so im unsure what exactly it could be.
the smoke is indeed oil and not steam so i know its not a cracked head but would love some imput

the block is a johnny walker block that was purchased and installed in 2009 brand new

this is a 7bolt not a 6bolt

Did you do a leakdown test or just the compression test? And was it warm or cold, the engine that is... Of course always check the turbo for wear and tear, but it does sound like it smokes all the time. If so it could be possible of bad/leaky valve guides or seals. Or possible blow by...

it does smoke at all times and the compression test was done when engine was cold hadnt been started in a day or so
havent wanted to drive it with it smoking that bad

i have ordered new valves and i have a new head im gonna be putting on it as well i dont know if it is a 6bolt or 7bolt head sadly it came with the car im gonna have it ported and polished and 1mm oversized valves with 272 bc cams both ordered yesterday
i have new valve stem seals coming for the new head as well so that should be the majority there im wondering what else exactly i should be getting for this job as well

i got a new valve cover with new gaskets and new oil cap with 2 washers which still leaks oil alittle bit but from what i hear ALL of them do that
as well as a new pcv

it does smoke at all times more so while driving not so much just at boost considering it smokes while idle which boost doesnt really build at all on idle

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back