1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Has anybody tried out this (go fast chip) from ebay

Posted by ninja07, May 26, 2010

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. ninja07

ninja07 Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2009
    antioch, Tennessee

272  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    No i havent and i never would, wouldnt trust it i love my car to much, i justs use the proper mods for my car that are tried and true.

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. brian9397gsx

brian9397gsx Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2008
    sioux city, Iowa
    wow 275 for 20 bucks? i dont think so

brian9397gsx

3K  0

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM
  4. dsm-onster

dsm-onster DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 11, 2004
    Bloxom, Virginia
    This part is just too funny. . .

"Another great thing about our product is that it does not perminantely effect your ECM. As soon as you remove the item, the engine performs as it did before (stock). Expensive $500+ tuners erase and re-write your ECM leaving you without a warranty, and the possibility of damaging not only your computer, but your engine as well. DON'T TAKE THE RISK!"

3K  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. GSXSixteenG

GSXSixteenG Proven Member

Joined Jun 29, 2007
    Buffalo, New York
    I love how it keep talking about the factory warranty on cars that are over 10 years old.

767  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  6. ramsack

ramsack Proven Member

Joined Dec 27, 2007
    West Lawn, Pennsylvania
    how are products and sellers like this still around? i'm broke maybe i should sell boxes that are just a resistor and claim it will double horsepower.

7. 99gst_racer

99gst_racer Moderator

Joined Apr 5, 2003
    Coloma, Michigan
    Up to +275 Horsepower
    Up to +300 Ft.Lbs of Torque
    Up to +20 MPG Fuel Savings

I'LL TAKE TWO!

At that rate, I'd be making almost 900 HP and be getting almost 50 mpg. :rolleyes:

Not only should nobody EVER buy ridiculous products like this, the sellers should be taken out back and shot.

On a positive note: At least when sellers like this lie and cheat to gain business, it's so blatantly obvious that you don't even have to second guess it. Their shenanigans are so severe, they act as their own BS filter.

Street Build 7K  67

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    609.8 whp · 541.2 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  8. bobster22388

bobster22388 Proven Member

Joined Sep 11, 2006
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    The only thing half of these chips do is lean out your A/F mixture. Of course without knowing how much leaner, it is hard to tell whether it would even be safe to run one of these. With that thing costing that much I'd just buy a DSMlink.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  9. ninja07

ninja07 Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2009
    antioch, Tennessee
    Nuff said, I'll just roll with the standard upgrade stuff, thanks for the heads up.

272  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. tec_41

tec_41 Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2008
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    Ha ha that's what I was going to quote, too. Apparently DSMLink is just a waste of money...

Feedback from a buyer- "I looked inside and it's just a resistor in a box, yet to see results???"

11. dsm-onster

dsm-onster DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 11, 2004
    Bloxom, Virginia
    DON'T TAKE THE RISK!!! . . . of a better tune and being able to turn it all right back to factory with a few key strokes. Yea, those link guys will fry your ecu in a second LOL . . . This setup can't possibly destroy your engine, because it doesn't really affect any perameters anyway. But the good bling the box gets when you pop the hood is worth all the trouble. Especially "during towing" my big azz boat.

3K  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 1G DSM
  12. knochgoon24

knochgoon24 DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 29, 2008
    Troy, Michigan
    That's funny.

I want "Increased shifting performance in Automatics (smoother)" or maybe the "Improved Performance during Towing".

2K  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM

2K  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    automatic · 2G DSM

3K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.869 @ 95.090 · 2G DSM