The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Has ANYONE tried this!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puller

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
I want to vent my bov to atmosphere but i know it causes probs with the MAF...however i found a kit which places the MAF after the BOV and before the throttle body on the upper ic pipe. has anyone tried this and let me know how well it worked for you...thanks. ps. if u get the kit you would have a GM MAF translator as well as a 3-3.5" GM MAF sensor on the upper I/C pipe...lemme know...thanks...

It's the Ramcharger MAF translator system.

And yes, if you set it up as a blow through system you can vent to your hearts content.

yup, i have the exact setup you seek....but dont get it just to vent. thats very purple guy. get it to tune your car, a good side effect of it is that you can vent to the amosphere with a blowthru setup. you also should get a datalogger to tune the car.

if you actually want it, read all 600 posts in the thread about it.....

also, i am not exactly sure here, but you should still recirc the BOV unless you crush/mod it b/c it'll leak on you. this leaking will make the turbo try harder and harder to push boost and BAM, turbo = dead

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back