The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GST spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabriel_dsm

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2014
bakersfield, California
okay so i finally got a GST spoiler for my 95 gs! now i know i have to drill holes but my question is what can i use to cover up the holes from the low rise wing. I am not very handy with bondo so i want to see other options

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 689
Duct tape ;).

No. Jk. Really if you want to do it right you will have to do the body work.

If you didn't care about that...you could always find some rubber plugs that will fit the hole diameter. You know, grommet that hole.

You will see the rubber body plugs but at least you won't have a bare hole (hehehe) and it will be rain proof.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Here you go. I googled and found this. Probably have them local auto store or body shop. It will probably the easiest way for you to fill the holes without getting into the body work bondo. Even tho bondo is actually pretty fun to work with.

If you decide to take the bondo route, I have a few tips I can give you on filling the holes without having to weld them shut. I did a full trim delete on a 70 VW bug (about 30 body holes) with minimal effort basic/cheap parts and a little bondo. PM me if you'd like.

okay so i finally got a GST spoiler for my 95 gs! now i know i have to drill holes but my question is what can i use to cover up the holes from the low rise wing. I am not very handy with bondo so i want to see other options
I just want to clear this up because it bothers me when people call it a turbo spoiler, non-turbo spoiler, GS-T spoiler, or GSX spoiler. Every model DSM came with a low-rise and high-rise spoiler except the RS and the Spyder, there is no "GS-T spoiler".

The high rise spoiler came on the '99 GS (10th anniversary edition) and all turbo 97-99 hardtops, both GS-T and GSX.

The low rise spoiler came on all '95-'96 GS-T and GSX, '96-'99 Spyders (GS and GS-T), and '95-'98 GS.

I recommend going to a vinyl shop, some place that vinyl wraps cars or makes decals, and see if they have a silver that's close to matching the color of your car. Just have them cut a 1" vinyl circle to cover the small holes and a bigger 3-4" vinyl to cover the bigger hole in the center of the deck lid where the brake light wires come through.

Again, it's not a GS-T spoiler it's just a high rise. :thumb:

oooo man greaat ideas guys! thanks so much im going to try the plugs and vinyl see how it works out

Save those holes, rig up another windshield washer setup, and feed the nozzle out those holes use rubber washer to make water proof from rain, face up nozzles and to the rear, that way when someone's ridding your butt for you passing them, Spray on! :D

take it to a shop to have them weld it closed. if you don't want to re paint the hatch, than buy those plugs. they don't look good on the car but it keeps the water out

the only reason i dont want to use bondo or take it to a shop os because i already have an appointment for next month to paint my car body work included i just need a temporary fix for now plugs seem like a good idea or maybe the vinyl never saw that done

It's rain season there in Bakersfield too! To bad it wasn't summer, you wouldn't have to worry about rain then!

May I ask how much are they charging you to do the body work + prime/paint?

got a cousin in LA whose starting a body shop and im one of the first customers so they chrgen me 400 body n paint

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back