The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Good 6000k Hid kit for cheap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
I was wondering where to get a good set of 6000k hids for around like 350? Does anyone know where a good site is?

Well...
Phillips Ultinon 6000K bulbs are about 150 EACH, and you still need to get 2 ballasts and 2 projectors. I ended up paying 600 for the whole setup, although for 450ish you can get 4300K with ballasts and projectors. Search for HID, you will find several threads on the subject.

carwizard1 said:

Bad link, and although I cannot see the product, I am willing to bet you would be better off avoiding it.

As far as ballast and ignitor, I did some searching, and usually the ignitor is in the same housing as the ballast. Here is some info on ballasts and ignitors.

A bit on the technical side

*edit*
I believe that the job of the ballast is to take the 12 volts from the battery and build it up to the 20,000 or so required to fire off the bulbs. It is then the job of the ignitor to take those 20,000 or so volts and fire off said bulbs. I could be wrong. I will double check tomorrow for sure.
*/edit*

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back