The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Godspeed Big 16G, stock internals = 350whp, what can go wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Rittner

5+ Year Contributor
Jun 4, 2016
Sao Paulo, South_America
Hi everyone!

First post ever, after reading all sorts of threads for a while, including the infiny amount of threads about max power on internal stocks, max power on a big 16g and etc... I still not know the answer.

Please don´t curse me yet, let explaing myself.

I have a 1998 GST with 58k miles on it. The car is excellent conditions with proper maintence. Now its time to start the upgrades and my goal is to have a reliable and fun daily driver with 350whp*

What I got:

3" stainless stell exhaust
Ceramic disc clutch
BOV Greddy
K&N Filter
1000cc Precion Injectors
Walbro 450 E85 Fuel Pump
Innovate Wideband + Electronic Booster (SCG-1)
95 ECU + DSM Link V3 Full
GodSpeed (Chinese) Big 16G

Few things to consider:

Car will run on E85.

*350Whp won´t be used all the time, since the booster has 2 memories the ideia is to run 280/300whp (memo 1) and 350whp on memo 2 for playtime :)

I have read a lot, spoken to lots of people which: half says is pretty possible the other half concerned about the turbo. As far as stock internals go, I should be safe by a very good margin.

All things considered, what do you guys think about it?

I think you'll need to get an evo16g or hta68 and you'll be fine. The eBay probably won't last long at high boost levels. otherwise, everything looks fine.

Yes I know, but those are extremely hard to find here in Brazil, there are other options but none are plug and play. The turbo it the problem with my project, and that´s I am using different boost setups.

x2 on the mod list being fine. Besides the Chinese turbo. I mean, itll get the job done. For how long? With them turbos, your guess is as good as mine LOL

x2 on the mod list being fine. Besides the Chinese turbo. I mean, itll get the job done. For how long? With them turbos, your guess is as good as mine LOL

Totally agree sir. They problem is a matter of how long. That´s why I am not using the 350whp setup all time. Which by the way, I still don´t how much psi is necessary.

I would do as others have recommended and pick up a genuine turbo. You can find a good turbo on the classifieds here or contact @JusMX141 to see what he has available for your goals.

Thanks guys, but right now I can´t do it, specially because taxes here to imported parts are freaking 60% not to mention shipping.

Shipping can't be too bad, I recently shipped four rims from Europe to the US for a few hundred so I can't imagine it being that much for a single turbo. You have to pay 60% on a part you buy used from someone? How do they know it's a car part that is in the box?

Shipping can't be too bad, I recently shipped four rims from Europe to the US for a few hundred so I can't imagine it being that much for a single turbo. You have to pay 60% on a part you buy used from someone? How do they know it's a car part that is in the box?

Basically anything that arrives here goes through customs. It´s a pain in the ass. That´s why everything in Brazil costs 2 to 3x times more than in US. Most of parts I got while travelling there. The turbo, exhaust and clutch were the exception.

The question is although we know chinese turbos are no reliable, it´s hard to find info about them.

Anyone here have used?

Contact @JusMX141 and get a real one shipped to you.

You can find a good turbo on the classifieds here or contact @JusMX141 to see what he has available for your goals.
Thanks for the tags, boys...I don't partake in International shipping, however. Been screwed too many times in the past either on estimated price being substantially different than the amount billed to me, excessive shipping time, or lost/damaged packages. The big discrepancy lies in the customs costs...where people want me to say the turbo is worth less so they have to pay less customs charges, and I'm 100% for that- but then I can't insure it for more than it's claimed value or it looks suspicious. It's just easier to not participate.

There are ways to make the knockoff turbos somewhat-decent with balancing, porting, and some internal work to the thrust plate...but they're still unable to be serviced with Genuine parts and the cost to buy the turbo then pay someone to do the upgrades brings it near the cost of what I sell new or rebuilt Genuine cores for so it doesn't make much sense financially.

Sounds like Dan Rittner, needs to come to the US, (McKinney, Texas) specifically, (where Forced Performance is located) for "vacation" and return home with a 68hta in his carry on bag, claiming he's not bringing anything back to Brazil, just returning from vacation... I hear the F1 race at the "spirit of the america's" track in Texas is a great vacation!

Thanks for the tags, boys...I don't partake in International shipping, however. Been screwed too many times in the past either on estimated price being substantially different than the amount billed to me, excessive shipping time, or lost/damaged packages. The big discrepancy lies in the customs costs...where people want me to say the turbo is worth less so they have to pay less customs charges, and I'm 100% for that- but then I can't insure it for more than it's claimed value or it looks suspicious. It's just easier to not participate.

There are ways to make the knockoff turbos somewhat-decent with balancing, porting, and some internal work to the thrust plate...but they're still unable to be serviced with Genuine parts and the cost to buy the turbo then pay someone to do the upgrades brings it near the cost of what I sell new or rebuilt Genuine cores for so it doesn't make much sense financially.

I totally understand you, unfortunately, due to the ridiculous taxes we pay, the only way is asking the seller to do exactly as you said. However, buyers need to know about the risk regarding insurance and refund. And as we know there lot's of dishonest people. In my case what I do is to ship to mother or sister house (they live in Orlando). Once there, they ship to me marking the price down.

Sounds like Dan Rittner, needs to come to the US, (McKinney, Texas) specifically, (where Forced Performance is located) for "vacation" and return home with a 68hta in his carry on bag, claiming he's not bringing anything back to Brazil, just returning from vacation... I hear the F1 race at the "spirit of the america's" track in Texas is a great vacation!

LOL. I used to live in Orlando, actually, my mother is from Ohio and lives in Orlando. I bought all my stuff while traveling there, visiting her and my sister. But bringing back a turbo might be to risk at customs, they can even confiscate. Not in a mod to lose 1 grand, specially right now ($1 = R$ 4). Basically a brand new 68HTA would cost me 4k + airplane tickets.

We just had the F1 race here last weekend in Interlagos (such amazing track). Brazil has a long tradition in F1, and we are completely crazy about it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back