The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GM MAF Cable vs MAF-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echostats

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2004
Massillon, Ohio
I just purchased a MAF-T and a GM MAF from the classifieds. A couple days after it came in the mail I decided to go ahead and purchase dsmlink v3. I noticed while on their site they are offering a "GM MAF cable".

I currently have the MAF-T listed back in the classifieds for sale but I thought I would ask you guys first. Is it worth the trouble of selling the MAF-T just to turn around and buy the cable?

Can anyone give me pros/cons? I read through ECM's writeup but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience or even some guesses. It's gonna end up being about the same price because I'd like to get $75 out of the MAF-T and the cable is $75 as well.

Thanks in advance.

With DSMLink the only reason need for the translator is to hook up the GM maf to the stock MAF plug. I would say very few people use it as a tuning tool with dsmlink. So with that being said the cable will allow you to do the same without the extra cost. The cable also includes a buffer circuit and will you to switch over to SD with easy.

One thing I will add is that the MAF adjustment procedure does work better with our cable simply because of the increased resolution at idle and cruise.

I will also say that I've been absolutely shocked at how few problems people have reported running a GM MAF with our cable. I really expected more tuning issues to come up. But other than some sealing issues with some of our earlier cables (totally our fault), I've heard of very few problems. I have to assume that people are generally getting the cable, dialing in the MAF, and driving on their way. I know that's how it works on my own car.

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

I have never used the MAF translator, opting instead for DSMLINK v3 and the cable in question. After a CEL for airflow was fixed by grounding the cable, I have found that the MAF is working incredibly well, especially with the MAF compensation table to get your airflow corrected. I am still learning features of v3, but I can say there were absolutely no issues with the cable they provided.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back