The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Problem logging GM IAT with DSMLink GM MAF cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edged1g

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2005
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
I can not get my GM IAT to log with DSMLink when using DSMLink's GM MAF cable. From gmmafiatbaro [ECMTuning - wiki] it says the GM IAT wire is just a pass through to the ECU, but i can not get the value to change. I have tested the sensor and it reads ~3.4kohms normally and the resistance drops as i heat it with a hair dryer. I checked the connector and i have +5V at the connector as well. Here are two logs. The log from 1-15 is from a drive where the value is stuck and the log from 1-20 shows me testing it with the car off trying to get it to work. I have the sensor wired to the black and yellow wires on the IAT breakout of the cable. What can be the problem?

I also tried switching back to the stock MAF to get a reading on intake temp. it doesn't seem to be working either. Does the car have to be running for the sensors to read? I didn't think so?

Attachments

• log.2012.01.15-02.elg
    421.2 KB · Views: 81
  • log.2012.01.20-01.elg
    8.1 KB · Views: 64
Its not, because the value never changes. When i heat it with a hair dryer or cool it with a cool stream of air, the level logged never changes!

Unplug the sensor, tie the black and yellow together.

If there's no change then it's either the cable or the ECU

Unplug the sensor, tie the black and yellow together.

If there's no change then it's either the cable or the ECU

I did this and there was no change in the reading in DSMLink. I'm not sure how to find the problem at this point. How can i test this circuit without the DSMLink GM MAF cable?

Maybe you got a bad set. Are you getting power everywhere?

My other sensors are working (TPS,MAF) so the power seems to be ok. I also tested the sensor and the resistance seems to change with temp. There is 5v at the connector too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back