The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Fwd fuel pump rewire question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex42590

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Pharr, Texas
Ok so I decided to rewire my fuel pump today and ran into a few problems or questions...I was following this site 2G DSM FWD Fuel Pump Rewire Instructions
I am using the STM rewire kit I also took a look at this http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...s-t-fwd-gsx-awd-fuel-pump-rewire-diagram.html

Ok first question on the raktron site it says "Cut the black wire (original ground) running to the fuel pump connector as shown. The part of this wire running to the fuel pump will still be used (ground). The rest of this wire which disappears into the harness is no longer used."
which wire is it asking to cut? the black with blue or black with white?? it also says that the part of the wire will no longer be used but on the other site I mentioned says I cut the blue black and blue wire and wire and plug the side from the harness to black wire on the relay and the connector side to the yellow of the relay... I've attached a few pics
The 5th picture is how I think everything should go I just put black tape to illustrate if this is correct... is the raktron site wrong? Is there a wire I should cut and not use? Am I supposed to cut the black and white wire?

maybe I figured it out...Is the BROWN gauge wire go with the white wire from the relay and the black and white wire from the fuel pump connector? and the part of the black and white wire to the harness not used?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just follow the picture, don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be. The only wire you're cutting off the harness is the black/blue one coming from the fuel pump, everything else stays in tact.

attachment.php

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back