The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fuel pump rewire question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon187

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
torrington, Connecticut
Ok im going to the fuel pump rewire on my car in the nex few days heres my question ive looked at some write ups already. im running a 4 gauge power wire from the battery for my 3 amps that i have already. i have a block in the back that gives me 4 things i can power im only using 3. what i want to know is can i use a 4 gauge wire off that block to the fuel pump relay and be fine ?

yea that should work but you only need 12 guage wire to the pump at best 10 at most, then just snip the + wire at he pump hangar and hook up your heavy guage wire through a relay, then use the factory + fuel pump wire to trigger the relay, that way it's almost exactly like stock

yeah im going to go pick up a relay today and i was going to use the 8 gauge wire i have i could always buy 12 and do it that way i might wait untill tomrrow because i can get the wire and connectors from work but work is closed today. on the fuel pump its the yellow wire i want to cut and run to the relay but what color wire in the stock connector ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back