The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fuel pump question, Post rewire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
I have begun running through my checks before starting the car, the fuel pump was rewired using the stm kit. I have done some searching and have gotten some mixed answers. Does the 1g fuel pump prime when the ignition is turned on? Or only when the cas is spinning? I wanted to prime the system before starting the car to check for leaks. I am running dsm link v3, should I just test it this way?

For ecmlink to turn the pump on, the key has to be in the on position, the fuel pump box has to be checked and saved to the ecu. The car does not have to be running.
If the box is unchecked, the pump will only turn on when you are cranking or obviously the car is running.

And yes to your question. Unless the fuel pump box is checked in ecmlink. The pump will not be on when the key is in the "on" position

ok thanks guys, so my assumption was correct, gunna be firing up the engine Saturday "science" willing. Gunna follow jafros video for setting up the speed density etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back