The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Bigger fuel pump/fuel rewire question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freakynipples6

Probationary Member
Jun 2, 2004
Mahopac, New_York
If i buy a bigger fuel pump(any recommendations?) do i still need to do the rewire mod?

First of all, what car do you have? Mods?

Second, what are your HP goals?

Walbro pumps drop right in, and if you can, Yes.... Do the rewire, it is always better than the stock wiring.

If you want the best pump and don't care about $, just buy the Supra TT pump, it is quieter. ;)

it depends on what turbo, injectors, and gas your gonna use:
T25-14B= rewire stock pump and 550cc would be enough
T28-16G= Walbro 190 and 550cc
20G and bigger= Walbro 190 rewired 660cc up to 20psi (on 93-94 octane) --OR-- Walbro 250 rewired and 660cc upto 25psi

I'm running a Green with 720's,255HP and afpr and have no issues (No Rewire)

So many people ask should I do this or that. You dont have to do anything you dont want to do. I would do ti to any pump becasue it only takes maybe 45 minutes and the kit to do it is 45 bucks.

There will be those who say I have done this with no problem but why not do it??? It is super easy and just adds a little protection. Not to mention that each car is different. what works well on that car may not work well on yours.

Bottom line your cant go fast for cheap. Dont half-ass things and you will be alot happier in the end.

Michael
:talon: :laser:

PS update your profile and give us some info so you can get helped better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back