The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel Rail??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPUSAF said:
A friend came to me after buying a Talon wanting some help. I having a 4g63t know nothing about the 420a so any help is appreciated. Can anyone tell me what this hole is and what goes there. I assume its for the FPR???. Thanks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

well if it's a 95 then I would say the return line is supposed to be coming off of there along with the fpr. If its a 96+ then I'm a bit confused just seeing a hole. Sure the rail should have a fitting on the end/or near the end of it with a plastic cap and a schrader valve (tire stem valve) but they don't have a return line. Mine isn't exactly on the end so I don't know if that's where it is supposed to be for the fuel rails that have it, but if it is and there's nothing there, then I'm confused as to how fuel isn't just coming outta there. :confused: Any more pics of the rail?
Sorry I'm useless

cs82685 said:
well if it's a 95 then I would say the return line is supposed to be coming off of there along with the fpr.

Nope, the return and feed lines are on the same side of the 95 fuel rail.

My money's on that the fitting that was supposed to be on there broke off. This is what the fuel rail should look like
DSM_TUNER_0301.jpg

not the easiest to see, but you can tell that there is a fitting on the end of the rail a bit off center which is probably where you see that hole. If he's got gas leaking, then hop in the classifieds and look for ads by joey_t (something like that, his sn is in my trader rating if you want) and buy that fuel rail from him to replace the one with the hole, 10 bucks well worth it.

I think if somebody shoved that other thing into the end of the fuel rail it was a desperate attempt to plug that hole. Anyways he should get that fixed right away, if there's one thing you don't want leaking under the hood its gas

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

That thing looks like a pressure switch, and it appears as though it's supposed to thread into that hole. I can't think of any reason why you'd want/need a pressure switch, so you might as well find some sort of a threaded plug and block the hole. Or just buy a new rail, like Corey suggested.

WTF How could he even get the car started, let alone not bursting into flames, with the pressure test port being totally ripped off. There must be something plugging the hole, otherwise it would be spraying gas like crazy.

Just get a new rail and call it a day.

VelocitàPaola said:
Yeah, I'd have to agree.

That thing looks like a pressure switch, and it appears as though it's supposed to thread into that hole. I can't think of any reason why you'd want/need a pressure switch, so you might as well find some sort of a threaded plug and block the hole. Or just buy a new rail, like Corey suggested.

Would the pressure switch have something to do with the fact that, that end of the fuel rail is supposed to be a test port, and whatever gauge you put over it is supposed to tap that?

Because as far as I know the opposite side to the feed side on a 98 is a test port for fuel pressure. I know this because we used it to test my friends 420a when he was having problems with his car being limited at 6k.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back